1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So What's Wrong With Herman Cain

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Sep 28, 2011.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

John Stewart did a piece on the republican voters wanting Chris Christie now. That's hilarious considering some of the things he has said in the past including that republicans talking about sharia law are crazy. that was after appointing a muslim judge. he's also defended gay rights. so we know the base won't like him. the other side is now starting to realize how ignorant our fabulous governor is. so he won't be supported by both sides.

so what's wrong with herman cain for the republicans. he's both a social conservative and successful business man. he seems to be the one guy that can bring both sides of the republican house together as much as they will be brought together. well i know one obvious thing that may be wrong with him from some social conservatives, but even on that note you usually get these social conservative republicans who love to pump up the latest black conservative. i think his straw poll win was a lot more telling than people want to admit. and on top of that he's the only guy i think who has come up with a real tangible plan to reform the tax code.

#1 pgabriel, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  2. Classic

Classic Member

I think his only problem this point is exposure, not that he is black. Give the man time to have his message heard and i think he will sway more support as indicated by the Florida results. I have been listening to him from the first debate and he has impressed me quite a bit. The republican voting block had their favorite horses in the race early because there was not a lot of exposure for the better candidates. Give me a Cain/Huntsman candidacy and i'd feel a lot better about the economic direction of this country. We need political outsiders and a CEO with credible real world business experience to clean up this financial mess, not a smooth talking politically-wired attorney.

He is the only candidate who doesn't dodge questions, flip flop and has answers: 9-9-9.

3. esteban

esteban Member

OK, so what the hell did you do with the real pgabriel?

4. Major

Major Member

Is this the guy who didn't know what the "right to return" was while criticizing Obama on Israel?

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

he definitely has his flaws, but all of them do.

6. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Goal #1 for the GOP (and country) is to remove Obama from office. Business's won't try to expand or hire until the economy is stable and that means getting rid of Obama and his policies. In this regard, Herman Cain is weaker than other candidates because he has never run for anything and is unfamiliar with how to protect one's self from the liberal media.

Goal 2 would be to put someone in office who would create sound fiscal policy and Cain is great in this regard.

Every Republican candidate has a plan to reform the tax code. For most, it is simply implement the fair tax. This is Cain's plan too, he just wants to do the 9/9/9 plan as a precursor to implementing the Fair Tax.

1 person likes this.
  7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

really? could you sum them up? i took a quick look at bachmann's site and couldn't find anything. just perry, romney, and bachmann would help

8. esteban

esteban Member

Mr Cain got my vote, one caveat is that he is a cancer survivor.This is the toughest job for anyboby, just look at Barry, he goes from a man-child to Methuselah in less than 3 years!

9. greenhippos

greenhippos Member

So it's the "liberal media" that's going to keep businesses from expanding and the economy stable? That's a mighty big stretch there.

10. Nook

Nook Member

#1 Invoked Sharia law when discussing why Muslims should not be allowed to build mosques in USA. Then went on to basically excuse a scenario where the US government gets to selectively choose which religion to limit and which to leave alone. Said he would not be comfortable with a Judge being a Muslim.

#2 Said he would be dead under Obama Care because of cancer. When asked to explain his position he did not do so.

#3 Stated that Obama was "raised" in Kenya, following the classic model.

#4 People cite Godfather's Pizza as his big accomplishment.... but he was forced to resign as CEO.

#5 Supports affirmative action.

#6 Has almost no experience.

11. Classic

Classic Member

Didn't Romney have some 59 point plan? the others have been pretty vague discussion points.

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

of those, i find one and six to probably ge his biggest problem in a general election, number five to be a real problem in the primaries. he can basically ignore number one in the primaries. the obama care deal, i don't know what he meant but i don't think that statement would be a big problem in the general or the primaries. the primary for obvious reasons, and in the general, i don't think nationalized health care will be a topic. we've crossed that bridge.

13. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Romney doesn't believe in changing the tax code (one of the reasons the tea party disapproves of him):

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3XPS2RNxRng" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bachmann:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304259304576375491103635726.html

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

also on godfathers it says he made them profitable before being asked to leave. godfather's sucks and has gotten worse since he left, i think there maybe one left in houston.

i'm not voting for cain, i just think he's everything the republican party claim they want, as close to the moderate and right wings are going to get on consensus

15. Raven

Raven Member

Romney is a corporatist, but at least he's not an idiot or religious fanatic. Any Republican would be a disaster, but Mitt would probably be the least toxic of the bunch.

16. greenhippos

greenhippos Member

I remember thinking in response to Nook's #2....Cain has private health insurance, even if "obamacare" was up and running when he had his cancer, how would it have changed a single thing he went through? His insurance wouldn't have changed an inch. Very classless move on his part to say he would have died when no such thing would ever have happened.

17. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Gloria Estefan seems to like Herman:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/m1xwTkGZdZM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

It's a shame that the media couldn't be dominated by large corporate conglomerates whose self-interest would be in getting rid of Obama and finding a more business-friendly president.

19. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

His experience in managing large employers and time with the National Restaurant Association and the Navy would I think only help him. I like the idea of a significant simplification of the tax code, though i haven't gone into the details on his plan.

I like the idea of a non-politician that can go in and clean house, but that lack of experience may make it hard for him when we need a leader that can manuver immediately.

I would vote for him over Obama, but would prefer him in a VP role to Romney.

1 person likes this.
  20. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

That would be wild if the Tea Party types had to choose between two African Americans.

True story: a lawyer I know told me that she went to a social security disability hearing. Her client a disabled country guy a bit crazy and certainly socially isolated asked: "Who is that guy with the picture on the wall.?" When told he was the President, he acted upset and said: "What! We have to do somthing about that!!" He pissed off some of the other folks in the waiting room.

#20 glynch, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2011