1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So, what should we work on?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shot caller, Jul 6, 2003.

1. Shot caller

Shot caller Member

I am looking at the free agency and at our roster and am wondering where do we try to improve?.

<b>Center?</B> We seem pretty solid there. He have the most exciting Young center in the league backed up by arguably the best back-up (and well paid) canter in the league. Yao has stamina problems, so I can't see moving Cato. Looks like we stand pat.

<b>PF?</b> Now, anyone can be moved (see Juwan Howard), but I think we are stuck with Mo. Teams are scared of that achilles, and we saw him take a dive in pain a couple of times last year. Scared the bejesus out of us, and GM's are paid to remeber that type of thing. We might be able to package Mo with Mobley, but that we would have to get a PF and 1/2 in return.
    I don't see us giving up on EG. He has too much potential and is cheap. Could be packaged, but a cheap young PF is a valuable asset. Especially a late bloomer you might be able to keep next year for a small contract. If the potential is still being seen by the coaches and GM. He stays.

<b>SF</b> If we sign Posey, we are doen here. Posey/Nachbar and there we are. You still have Rice to fill in minutes if you ever needs his old a....

<b>SG</b> Mobley is a good SG, but is probably our most tradeable player. He is a scorer with a tradeable contract. Steve fills minutes at the two, so you have more flexibilty at this position. We could use a better backup than our point gaurd however.

<b>pg</b> Here we have Steve Francis and a Chia pet. While the Chia pet had a bad year last year, he did play well to get the sizeable contract that has now made him untradeable.
    We could sing either a btter back-up, or a starter. This would move Steve to the 2 of course and either relegate Mobes to 6th man or trade bait.

Anyway. That's where I see things right now.
    Personally, I would love to see us somehow pick up a starter quality back-up PG. Along the lines of Bobby Jackson or Nick Van Excel. Too bad those don't grow on trees.
    That would be the best thing I could see for us though.

When Steve has an off night (read mistake riddled) he can sit on the bench or move to the two. He can then see how a vet PG can make his team mates better.

When Mobes hase an off night (see above) he can sit on the bench for a bit and Steve can focus on putting the ball in the hole.

Looking for some good conversation here. What do you think?