1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

So were any of you guys satisfied on Christmas morning...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by roxxfan, Dec 26, 2012.

1. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I never ask for much so it's interesting to see what things I get. I made out like a bandit.
    Got 4 pair of shoes, a sweater (said that in el guapo's voice), nice Corduroy jacket, rockets tickets, IOU on texans playoff tickets, chiminea for the back yard, a power washer , box of random hiking trinkets ( water purifier, micro towel, mini lamp, etc) and a bunch of other smaller items that are pretty cool.

It is somewhat funny that one thing I hinted/talked about needing is what i didnt get. it was a watch band replacement for my workout watch and it's only $15 or so.

As for the being upset about crappy gifts from your parents...get over it. It's just unhealthy to sit there keeping tabs on what everyone gets and then dwell on it.

2. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

I got brownies from my closest aunt. Chocolate with peanut butter chips. Tasted like the peanut butter cups. Awesomeness

3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've had similar situations with my dad and other older relatives where they wanted to give me gifts of money that I didn't need and didn't want to accept but I accept because I understand that they are doing so because they love me and it makes them feel good to do so.

Like you my dad grew up poor in post war Hong Kong and I think he had a very hard time adjusting to life in the US and a son that grew up in a culture completely different from his. The gifts he gives me I don't need and I hopefully will never need to count on him to support me but I am glad he is still around and that it makes him feel good to be able to give me gifts.

4. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

My dad gave me money for Christmas this year. He hasn't given me a thing in about ten years. It wasn't a lot of money and my dad is poor. I am single and consider myself to be well off for my age. It was the thought that counts. I appreciated the gift very much. It made me smile all day long. I spent very close to $1000 on myself for Christmas and nothing I bought myself made me as happy as the envelope with nearly nothing in it that I got from my dad. True story.

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I met your dad a few times back in day -- he's a good guy. If you would like to start sending me the $500 check each Christmas and start a new tradition... I would be cool with that.

6. Slam Dunk

Slam Dunk Contributing Member

+1. Can I get in on that action?

7. cardpire

cardpire Member