1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So We Can't Watch Rox/Dallas Tues-Unless We Have Comcast!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dvr4me, Oct 2, 2014.

1. dvr4me

dvr4me Contributing Member

I can't believe we are STILL suffering over this CSN Houston! I text David Barron with Chronicle and he confirmed we won't be able to watch pre-season game unless you have Comcast!! Unbelievable!!

2. houstontexans

houstontexans Member

Yeah same here. It sucks. Houston is the 4th largest city in the US and most people can't still watch the game. I feel like they don't care about people. They care more about money. I really hope they do something about it because I really hate watching crappy stream online.

Come on, Mayor Annise Parker, do something about it!

1 person likes this.
  3. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Time to log into the streams.

1 person likes this.
  4. chandlerbang21

Everyone knows this. They aren't even due in court till Monday and Root Sports isn't the owner yet

5. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

^

We had a great stream last year, was the most fun I've had watching the rockets. Hopefully it can continue this year, met a lot of cool people just by sitting in the chat

6. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Well, sucks for you guys I guess.

7. bmd

bmd Member

The mayor can't do anything about it and the city itself has nothing to do with it.

8. thething

thething Contributing Member

Looks like I will be renewing my ballstreams subscription. Might as well get 3 months because you never know how long this delay will last.

9. scottie brooks

Just get Comcast. :/

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'll be at the game so whatever.

11. HakeemOnlyFan

HakeemOnlyFan Member

Bit the bullet last year and got Comcast strictly to watch the Rockets. Beats streaming, that's for sure.

12. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

And apparently some guys named Merril Dorey and Clark Muban have been buying up shares of Comcast for the last couple weeks...

;) lol

13. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

That's for sure lol.

14. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

No way I'm missing a f'ing Rockets game. I dumped Dish many years ago and payed a early-term fee to do so - b/c dish was not carrying the Rockets. I dropped them like they were hot. I will NEVER go back to Dish. I went from Comcast to Dish b/c my wife got on a "let's try something different from Comcast" mode.

Switched back to Comcast and have watched every Rockets game on my 70" flat panel ma' fawker. I was so happy that I said no to my wife who recently wanted to try U-verse (b4 all this recent rocket blackout happened). Had I agreed, I would have gotten burned again. I would have dumped them too and so the moral of the story is stick with Comcast, get Comcast - watch the Rockets.

You get whichever provider that shows your Rockets. For Diehard fans, there is no other way.

#14 Tfor3, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
  15. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

whoever needs a stream to watch it, go to vipbox.tv they stream basically any sporting event for free! I love that f'ing site it's the ****!

16. acjeitherocket

pretty much man

i really dont see why some people hate comcast so much. ive been with them for almost 4 years now (and my parents had comcast while i was growing up). Never heard them complain about anything and i havent had any problems either. Never missed a Rockets game and never will. and to hell with those streams and having to listen to the opposing announcers lmao

1 person likes this.
  17. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That is not an option for most of us. If it were that easy, the station would never have failed in the first place.

18. BeardFan19

BeardFan19 Member

Lmao:grin:

19. bmd

bmd Member

I had Comcast for years and switched to Dish about 2 years ago.

There was nothing really wrong with Comcast, but you get way more for your money with Dish.

With Comcast, I had one TV with a premium cable package and DVR, one other TV with the same premium cable package but no DVR, and the rest of the TV's in my house had basic cable, no HD.

For the same price I was paying for Comcast, with Dish I get 5 TV's with a better premium cable package, a sports package that includes NFL Redzone, all TV's have HD DVR boxes, etc.

Plus, I like the features of the Hopper better than Comcast's cable box.

Dish is just a better deal.

20. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Waiting for all this to resolve. I may move from Comcast to att