1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So we are gonna ignore the riot thats happening in Baltimore

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Miracles Boys33, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It is....if it was determined to be a fluke accident, it would still be considered homicide by the coroner because there was human involvement. The coroner calling something homicide is vastly different from the legal definition.

Yeah, we don't know if the guy wasn't flopping around in the back of the van throwing a temper tantrum and ended up hurting himself, we don't know if the undone seatbelt was an oversight or if it was intentional.....you know all of these things being vitally important to KNOW before trying to bring a case.

Wasting a ton of taxpayer money on a witch hunt aimed at innocent cops is irresponsible and any prosecutor worth a damn would have known better.

I know you've decided based on no evidence whatsoever that the guy died directly because of the actions of "punk ass cops", but well, that's why your opinion is rarely a valid one.

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Lives matter. It isn't predicated on the race you happen to be, or your religion, if you have one, whether you have a criminal record, or if you have the heart of Mother Teresa. Lives matter. So does justice. A life is lost due to incredible and likely deliberately reckless behavior by some of Baltimore's "finest," and justice decides to take a vacation. And some people wonder why some other people just might be a little bit angry.

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

A fluke accident? If only he had been WEARING A SEAT BELT. OMG I forgot, these cops are too ****ing stupid to know not wearing a seat belt could result in injury or bodily harm. Thanks for the insight, Bobs.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL you ignorantly freaking out like this is hilarious and all, but you do know that you've still yet to mention ANYTHING that could have been used as evidence to get any of the charges brought against ANY of the officers targeted in this witch hunt. The city paid the family due to the officers neglecting to put him in his seat belt but you haven't said anything that would interest a criminal court.

5. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Some people might wonder why those same people aren't mad when those same good citizens are shooting their neighbors and selling drugs?

6. CometsWin

Right, ignorantly assuming a group of police officers knows that not wearing a seat belt can cause injury or death. Ignorantly assuming the safety of people in police custody is the responsibility of police. All that ignorant stuff.

Stupid ****ing cops playing with the lives of people like it's a damn game. Yep, pretty hilarious stuff for a sociopath.

7. CometsWin

Drug dealers aren't paid to protect them, that's why. When you call the cops and your odds of living are the same as dealing with drug dealers, yeah that's a big damn problem. It's not an either or proposition. They can be mad they live in a ****ty violent neighborhood and mad that cops target them like they're not human beings.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Why do you assume that they are not angry about that?

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, ignorantly assuming there was criminal negligence despite any evidence of it whatsoever. I think the problem is that you simply don't know the law and are responding only with baseless emotion.

You can whine and cry about a system you don't understand, but if you took the time to educate yourself, you'd have a different opinion. A more valuable one.

10. CometsWin

Aside from the dead body in their custody and the fact they didn't seat belt someone in their custody. Aside from that evidence? LOL

Under some criminal law statutes, criminal negligence is defined as any type of conduct that “grossly deviates” from normal, reasonable standards of an ordinary person. It generally involves an indifference or disregard for human life or for the safety of people.

Sounds like criminal negligence to me Attorney General Bobby. Putting someone in a seat belt is a pretty reasonable standard for an ordinary person. Of course cops are apparently the stupidest people alive so they couldn't possibly know injury or death could result from not wearing a seat belt.

Dude, you are the most ignorant, arrogant, nonsensical sociopath on this board. Where do you get the sense that you're like intelligent or something? Just because you tell yourself that doesn't make it so.

A right is a right. Doh. A 22 is just like a 223. Doh. Comey said she broke the law. Doh.

:grin:

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

SMH, no it really doesn't but then again it's not shocking that an entirely ignorant person such as yourself would think so. It's basically just a case of Dunning–Kruger.

Anyway kiddo, keep walking around thinking you know what the hell you are talking about and being shocked that nothing ever happens the way you think it should. I also like it when you bring up past conversations when you embarrassed yourself due to ignorance. If you knew what it meant when someone talked about the "caliber" of a bullet, then you'd know that you don't really want to bring that conversation back up.

LOL and that's really the beauty of your comments in this forum. You'd have to know a LOT more to even know how foolish your comments really are.

12. CometsWin

Dunning-Kruger? LOL Is that you're self-diagnosis?

Yeah, I don't know this man died in police custody because he wasn't wearing a seat belt. This fact continues to elude me and I remain with head firmly in sand. Thanks, Bobs.

I embarrassed myself when you said a right is a right, a 22 is just like a 223, and Comey said she broke the law. Got it.

Why don't you roll out another hundred posts in this thread. Dazzle everyone with your 5 cent internet law degree.

13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

It's a bit strange. The Judge said the Prosecutor didn't prove that the defendant have knowledge of the dept policy toward seat belt, and that other in the situation would act similar. It sounds like the Judge believe the actions weren't abnormal and that not knowing policy is a valid defense.

Then you look at the time line and it seems there were numerous instances (5 from what I recall) where the officers have a chance to check into the condition of the Mr Gray and ignored two request for medical assistance from Mr Gray.

He died of a neck injury due to being handcuffed, shackled by his feet and unrestrained inside the transportation vehicle.

I can agree that officers might not be aware of policy (whether that's a valid defense or not I have no idea). But I disagree it's normal actions to ignore medical assistance twice and ignore general condition of the person in custody numerous times. Does that reach criminal negligence level? Not sure for involuntary manslaughter. But reckless endangerment - yea, I think so.

14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I wonder how many times a private citizen gets away with a "I was not aware" defense?

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Are they Hillary Clinton? if so, literally every time.

16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Don't think it's a valid defense to not be aware of laws. But for policies, such as dept policies... I don't know. It seems like it's valid - at least the judge implies it is in this case. Polices aren't laws, so I think you can't compare them directly.

17. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

And so it ends.

[rQUOTEr]Charges dropped against Baltimore officers in Freddie Gray case: media

Prosecutors in Baltimore on Wednesday ended their effort to prosecute the police officers involved in the death of black detainee Freddie Gray after failing to secure convictions in four earlier trials, the Washington Post and CNN reported.

The decision to drop charges against the three remaining officers facing trial came on the day of a pretrial hearing for Officer Garrett Miller, whose trial was set to start on Thursday in Baltimore City Circuit Court.

Prosecutor Marilyn Mosby had stunned the city by filing charges against six officers just days after Gray's death of a broken neck suffered in a police van sparked protests and rioting in April 2015.

The death of the 25-year-old was one in a series of high-profile deaths of black suspects at the hands of U.S. police that stoked a national debate on police tactics and the treatment of minorities.

Prosecutors last week failed in their fourth attempt to secure a conviction against a police officer in the case. Baltimore's police union had called on prosecutors to drop the charges against three officers still awaiting trial.

Judge Barry Williams had acquitted three officers in bench trials, and the trial of a fourth officer ended in a deadlocked jury. A spokesman for Baltimore City State's Attorney Mosby was not immediately available to comment.

[/rQUOTEr]

18. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

...and another example of the public getting enraged over false facts.

let this be a lesson to all, just like the Trayvon Martin and Mike Brown senseless aftermaths.