1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So we are gonna ignore the riot thats happening in Baltimore

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Miracles Boys33, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Is this flying outside of your mom's house and can you see it from the basement?

[​IMG]

2. mick fry

mick fry Member

There ya go being racist again, I have black friends, do you have any white is the question? Mallett is a self proclaimed thug and even has it tatooed, I guess he's just light skinned.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Solid take :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Yeah, just look at this thug!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/G3A2M2drZ-M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Clearly, he is black...

1 person likes this.
  5. mick fry

mick fry Member

Lol, now thats funny.

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I figured that'd be your position. But it creates a cycle of polarization that makes the problem worse and worse. They loot and you feel disrespected so you call them animals and they feel disrespected and loot some more. As my old boss would say, 'the beatings will continue until morale improves.' One party needs to break the cycle, and I'm sorry but it has to be the stronger party, not the weaker one. As a member of the stronger party here, I'm saying let's break the cycle. They aren't going to go away, and they aren't going to have the strength to break the cycle. So instead let us find all the ways in which we're making the problem worse and eradicate them. They can reciprocate after.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, you misunderstand, they aren't disrespecting me by looting and vandalizing their communities, they disrespect themselves. I personally don't care if they make things worse for themselves, I just call them out on it.

Honestly though it has no effect here in Texas because riots only happen in places with weak minded liberal government structure that let the idiots go wild till things get out of control. It wouldn't happen here. Even with a Democrat as Mayor of Houston, they would never let the situation get that out of control ever.....and even if she wanted to let it get that out of control like the Mayor of Baltimore did, the governor would step in and handle things with the National Guard before it became an outright riot.

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

One, I don't think it's true you don't care because you spent a lot of energy arguing on the internet about it. Also, whether you care or not, you're still disrespecting and dehumanizing them in your speech which is contributing (individually in a small way) to the polarization of race relations (or maybe thug/non-thug relations). What your motivation for doing so doesn't really matter to my argument, which is that your attitude and commentary are making things worse. And the fact that there are millions more who take the same attitude dismays me because I have very little expectation that anything will get better in this atmosphere.

10. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

I didn't say arresting people for breaking the law is treating them like animals.

11. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

What was the purpose of the story, then?

I did not equate anything with living in a war-torn country. In fact, I was careful to explain that being poor in America is not the same thing, because I knew someone would accuse me of equating the two.

But what do I know? I can't read.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Again, I'm not disrespecting anyone, I'm merely describing behavior. Also, there's a difference between me commenting on stupidity happening in another part of the country and actually caring about the situation. I don't really care about the situation, but it's an interesting topic of discussion.

If fewer cities would incentivize rioting and looting by reacting swiftly and harshly to it, there would be fewer riots. As long as people keep giving those who wish to loot and destroy room to loot and destroy without repercussion, people are going to loot and destroy.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well then how, in your mind, are people being "treated like animals"?

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

By people calling them 'animals'?

15. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

100 incidents in 4 years is a lot, sounds like there is a problem with that police department.....I wonder though how many incidents of officers being assaulted in the past 4 years there have been in that area. I wonder if it's more than 100. Overall a cop is assaulted every 10 minutes in this country and if you look at Baltimore crime statistics they are many times higher in every category than the national average so....I'd guess the incidence of cops getting assaulted is probably also higher in Baltimore than the national average as well. Shocking that the officers would respond by being quick to violence themselves.

Sounds to be like you have a city full of criminals with a criminal police force.

17. False

False Member

A great way to show your cards and your personal motivations is to call a group of people "children" or "livestock." The use of the word livestock smacks of thinly veiled racism and also seems to hark back to the institution of slavery. It's insulting, gross, and shows no respect for your fellow man. I shudder to think that these are the terms that just pop into your mind when you think of people who have engaged in violence with which you do not agree.

It's type of thinking that takes away the chance for dialogue. It's the type of thinking that justifies violence against people. You might be on slightly higher low-ground that some looters or rioters, but you are all down in the mud.

1 person likes this.
  18. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Yes, and this is a symptom.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It doesn't shock me that you'd think that way, you can't help yourself, a hammer sees everything as a nail. Don't worry, I won't hold your failure to follow along in this conversation against you.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Okay, but Baltimore being just a scumbag town of criminals with criminal cops isn't exactly the narrative now is it?