1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So we are gonna ignore the riot thats happening in Baltimore

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Miracles Boys33, Apr 27, 2015.

1. mick fry

mick fry Member

Im gonna go all in and say more than a bakers dozen. Whats your guess?

2. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

It's hard to qualify them as animals, tbh.

http://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-animals-we-punish-people-for-killing-animals

3. dback816

dback816 Member

I'm curious, do you think the city of Baltimore should arrest and charge the looters?

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Well, we're perhaps above average, but looking at indexes of social mobility, we're not very close to the top -- actually close to the bottom among OECD nations.

5. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

also comparing to like Syrians who are being slaughtered in their own homes is a really s**t comparision. like, urban poor of America, just be happy you aren't trekking 40 miles to get water or being barrel bombed.

I mean

really?

6. dback816

dback816 Member

Nice logic, sounds familiar though

Like the people claiming other races can't complain about racism because they believe African Americans have it worse...

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

In reference to the United States, a reference that most of us are referring to since...

we live in the United States.

8. dback816

dback816 Member

Didn't know the U.S was on Mars

So, should Mars Baltimore arrest and charge the Martian looters who vandalized the local Martian businesses?

9. mick fry

mick fry Member

Still waiting for that answer dback?

10. likestohypeguy

It's getting to the point where they're not allowed to attack anyone without getting criticized for it.

11. Remii

Remii Member

No no... I said "which shows your hatred for others... But you're German so I understand."

If you're going to quote me get it right. I said the same thing about treeman being from Oklahoma but it was crickets. I say that about you and people's panties fall down. But many Americans love paying for the sins that Germany committed but those black animals better not ask for shyt... Not even equality or fair treatment.

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Asking for something and robbing, looting, brutalizing innocent people are very different things. And nowhere did I mention skin color.

13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

So you think it is okay to attack the police? :confused:

14. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I thought this was interesting -- here are some quotes of Donald Rumsfeld defending looting in Iraq after the U.S. toppled Saddam's government (source):

And, while many of you may not see this government as a "repressive regime", those in Baltimore who have experienced systematic police brutality, economic discrimination, generational destitution, and "family members killed by that regime" would certainly disagree. People don't loot and riot against a society that is actually serving their interests -- something even Donald Rumsfeld seems to have realized.

1 person likes this.
  15. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Yes because blacks have been discriminated against in the past. We're not sure exactly what happened to Freddie Gray, but other people have been discriminated against, you know?

/sarcasm

16. HamJam

As Mark Twain said, loyalty to the country always, loyalty to the government only when they deserve it.

If no one ever fought with the authorities then America would not exist. I think our government has taken on far too many of the elements that it was originally created to get rid of, and, since the two major parties have made real reform impossible, I would like to see this government gotten rid of by any means necessary.

1 person likes this.
  17. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

so much fail

by the way - the Baltimore folks were looting their own neighborhoods, lol.

18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Are you seriously comparing the US government to Saddam's regime? :confused:

1 person likes this.
  19. HamJam

What particularly is fail?

And those neighborhoods are where they lived, they're not "their" neighborhoods since they don't actually own the property and wealth that make up those neighborhoods.

I mean, the Iraqis looting Baghdad ostensibly lived in Baghdad, no?

20. HamJam

I don't think it is as bad as Saddam's , but I also don't think we need to wait until it gets that bad to do anything. People are obviously angry enough based on how it is to go into the streets and fight police. If they are that displeased with how things are and the two major parties are refusing to allow any reform to occur, why shouldn't they fight police?

I do think our government is worse than the British government we originally revolted against by the way.