1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So we are gonna ignore the riot thats happening in Baltimore

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Miracles Boys33, Apr 27, 2015.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I accept your complete and full apology for rushing to a conclusion.

Next time read carefully to prevent your further embarrassment.

2. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Oh, I've read carefully:

Read through articles before you rush in to say anything. You're better than a headline cherry-picker (maybe) ;)

3. bigtexxx

Your apology has been accepted. Learn from your mistake.

4. Northside Storm

Your troll mode is boring.

you could at least throw in a few shrug emoticons--while you conclude that "the mob" won't like how some dude claimed he could hear a dude severing his own spine (???)

LOL

i think the "mob" would rather like to hear how that's spun. I'm imagining a few implausible gifs myself and quite a bit of anger if that hearsay is treated as fact. Of course, that hasn't happened yet.

Let's wait for the facts. Together. Like how a severed spine is balenced by hearing patterns.

#584 Northside Storm, Apr 29, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  5. bigtexxx

Your "words to value" ratio is incredibly high. Cut your losses and stand down. I've already accepted your apology.

6. Northside Storm

Are you stepping back from the conclusion that the "mob" would not like to hear about this great, show-stopping piece of evidence?

"Cancel the riots" indeed.

7. Northside Storm

Here, you can have some more facts where that came from:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/health/bs-hs-gray-injuries-20150420-story.html

A self-inflicted within-car accident, apparantly. I've caught the rushing to conclusions bug too!

8. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Classy

[​IMG]

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ummm, this video tends to fly in the face of that.

The idea that people can't have protests over something they disagree with is unamerican. They people who are engaging in riots don't care about this tragedy - you are just using it as an excuse to stick your head in the sand about the real problem here.

Start at 1:43

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7YV0EtkWyno?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's obvious he is already paralyzed when they drag him into the van. Treating a person with this severe of an injury so callously put his life in danger. He should have been handled by paramedics in the state he is in. Who knows what the police did to him to sever his spine but it's clear the damage was done prior to him being in the van.

10. Northside Storm

also basic medical principles like it's pretty f**king hard to sever your own spine.

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

12. dback816

dback816 Member

So it's 100% impossible for a black youth to get out of the ghetto, avoid jail and obtain a good education/career, but somehow fresh off the boat immigrants from all around the globe can put themselves through college working in restaurants?

13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It's actually 100% impossible for you not to post stupid things in threads about race or Jeremy Lin of course.

14. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

Lol, at least get creative people. Really, he severed his own spine while inside the car? AT LEAST make it slightly believable - like some kind of freak case of osteogenesis imperfect or something. That has to be the most idiotic thing I've read today.

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It's the percentage game. On average a human will not remove themselves from the poverty they inherited. Only outliers regardless of race break from inherited poverty.

Even most immigrants have not been subjected to the 400 years of institutionalized racism that African Americans have been put through. My parents were Bengali immigrants, and both graduated college and pursued advanced degrees when they migrated.

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

17. Remii

Remii Member

So instead of asking what "situations are being created by others" that Bobby eluded to... You only ask me if I've been in prison when my post you responded to had no indication it was pertaining to me as an individual.

Go back to worrying about those Muslims dude.

Did you put yourself through college working in restaurants. And if so did you major in ignorance...?

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

If you haven't, how come you managed to stay out of prison when you are arguing that it is inevitable because "the system" makes it so?

You seem to be arguing that it's not people's fault which choices they make. But apparently you managed to stay out of prison anyway?

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You act like these immigrants come here with nothing but their dreams and the shirt on their back. It's not easy to get into this country.

The immigrants who make it here are the cream of the crop from other countries. They are the mentally toughest people who are built a certain way. My dad immigrated here from India and he was extremely educated and extremely hard working but couldn't get a job here because of his race. What he went through to get into his career was incredible obstacles white people didn't have to deal with in the 60's. All my uncles took jobs when they came here that they were grossly overqualified for. They didn't succeed just because of hard work, they succeeded because they already KNEW how to succeed. They had advanced degrees and were at the top of the class.

The folks in these communities get a crappy education for many reasons. Part of it is their parents. Part of it is because their education is subpar and is more babysitting than actually trying to teach them anything. They do not have the tools and upbringing to compete with immigrants. By the time they are 18 their window for opportunity for success has closed. They can be low-level laborers and that's about it. You can't make up for 18 wasted years with some sort of job training program.

The got shafted. By everyone. By their communities, by their gov't, by the system, by the teachers, by the administrators, by the whole slew of participants. Their flaw was they were not smart enough to be born to the right parents and in the right communities with the best schools.

They realize what has happened and they are angry about it. People tell them they are lazy and useless. "Look at me, I got an education and succeeded, you are lazy and you fail because of that". Truth is the education they got was a joke, the opportunities afforded them were non-existent. When people do try to help them, it's called reverse discrimination and an injustice to others who had a superior educational environment and can score higher on tests.

No wonder their communities are a powder keg. When all you have is poverty around you, and most white people label you as lazy and see you as parasites - tell you all you have to do is work hard and pull yourself up by your bootstraps and not have a family, that it's fair that you have to work 14 hour days at minimum wage when they can paid more in one year than you will earn in 10 years guess what - they are itching to disrupt and break the system apart.

The police action that results in the death of someone is just the final straw that unleashes that pent up anger and resentment. If you fail to understand this, you fail to understand the danger that lies in all these communities.

#599 Sweet Lou 4 2, Apr 30, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  20. Remii

Remii Member

What makes you think I had to live in situations like that... Nothing in my post indicated such.

And I didn't say it's "inevitable" but it's a lot easier for Black youth to fall into those traps when over 70% of them are born into one parent households, live with a grandparent, and or no parents at all.

Like I said. Go back to worrying about Muslims.