1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So now, what do we do with the MLE?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rofflesaurus, Jul 8, 2009.

1. blackistan

blackistan Member

Save our money for 2010!!!

2. wonderboy2313

wonderboy2313 Member

What about Chris Wilcox? Will he sign for the MLE?

3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sure Wilcox will end up signing for a contract around 1.5 to 2.5M over 2 years.

4. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

Re-sign Von Wafer (He loved Houston and we love and need him. Great scorer)

Sign Johan Petro, Channing Frye, Chase Budinger and Jermaine Taylor (Petro and Frye give us two big men and Budinger and Taylor could possibly be a big part of our rebuilding/getting younger mode)

Trade Shane Battier for Javale McGee and Mike James (unfortunately we have to take on Mike James and his contract but its expiring and who knows, maybe he'll average 20ppg like he use to. But the big part of this deal is getting Javale McGee. A 7foot, 21 year old who still has much room to improve but could start for us. Washington is in win now mode and James and McGee are both 3rd stringers)

Trade Brian Cook to the New Jersey Nets for a future 2nd round pick or option to swap 2nd round picks (Gets rid of a body and gives us possibly the first pick in the 2nd round. NJ gets a expiring contract)

PG: Aaron Brooks/Klye Lowry/Mike James
    SG: Von Wafer/Jermaine Taylor/Brent Barry
    SF: Trevor Ariza/James White/Chase Budinger
    PF: Luis Scola/Carl Landry/Chuck Hayes
    C: Javale McGee/Channing Frye/Johan Petro

IR: T-Mac and Yao
    D-League: Joey Dorsey, Maarty Leunen, Darryl Watkins and Will Conroy. And Brad Newley if he can get outta his contract in Australia.

5. Egghead

Egghead Member

great idea Mikey....I liked the part of trading Shane Battier to DC for McGee, Mike James, and add a first rounder.... I think its a great trade for the Rockets...

6. bball1217

bball1217 Member

With Dahntay Jones just signing a 4 year, $11 million deal, I think Von will get a similar deal, I say something like a 3 year, $10 million deal.

7. worzel gummidge

Dahntay was strong-arming CP3... Wafer got shut down by Vujacic.

8. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Get Paul Milsap if we can if not resign VANILLA WAFER!

9. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Yea because he will play for the MLE

10. mi0304

mi0304 Member

sign Brad Newley.

11. slickricky

slickricky Contributing Member

iverson one year rental just to remain interesting let tmac off books and sign something huge.....

12. WillG

WillG Member

Is it possible that the rockets can get Marc Gasol?

13. dram1

dram1 Member

Hold on to it! Wait til all other teams have went after all the no-brainer FAs and get something on the cheap with room to resign Von.

14. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I like the Mcgee part........ :D

15. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

That's so many players over the limit its ridiculous. The NBA roster limits are 12 active / max of 3 inactive for a maximum total of 15. T-Mac and Yao are taking two spots on the inactive list, leaving room for 12 active and 1 inactive. Any D-leaguer is automatically placed on the inactive roster; that's likely Dorsey.

Leunen and Newley aren't coming over this year; there's no space on the roster for them.

16. GotGame15

GotGame15 Member

Bring back Wafer!

17. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

NO. Don't bring back Wafer... I'd LOVE a trade for ATL's Josh Smith... Yes, Yes, I know we already have Scolandry, and Hayes but we could trade Hayes (LOL) and some other main parts (Battier, T-Mac) for J-Smooth and possibly throw in a 2nd rounder + Cash Considerations for MW.

Just a thought.

Yes, Yes... I do also realize that this still doesn't address our "C" issue.

18. oddjob142

oddjob142 Member

How about making an offer to Sessions...he is a RFA. Then we can trade brooks away for Fernandez, or Brooks + Battier for Outlaw + Fernandez or some other combination...