1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So my boss is having an affair

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by The_Yoyo, May 19, 2009.

Tags:
  1. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

You guys are seriously still arguing about this? Its a no brainer. Do your job and tell your boss. That's what your job description entails, so it is what you are supposed to do...

2. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

It's the ownership of the company that risks the liability for a harassment suit when the relationship goes bad.

You might give your company's legal council your documentation and let them take it to the Owner(s) , protecting you anonymity ... till you get called as a witness, then you have come clean.

3. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

BAN :mad:

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've skimmed through this thread and professionally I agree with MasterBaiter's position. It is your professional duty to tell the business owner as soon as you can.

There is another side to this which is the human side. How well do you know the CIO and/or HR person and how closely to do you consider them your friends? If you do then that obviously complicates the situation and you should consider what affects your actions might have on other people. Its terrible since you haven't done anything wrong in finding out but I don't think you should ignore that there are some potentially very negative consequences to CIO, HR person and their families. If you know the CIO well enough and consider him a friend confronting him privately about it might be the human thing to do and let him know what a terrible position he has put you in and the potential damage to his family and his career. Let him know that you are approaching him as a friend and are giving him a chance to rectify a mistake.

I'm not going to say there aren't going to be potential repurcussions to doing something like that but I think all of that depends on how well you know the people involved.

What I don't think you should do though is to keep it quiet without telling anyone. This is a bad situation and its unfortunate that you are the one this has fallen to but you have a duty either professional or as a friend to let someone know who can address the situation.

5. UrlPerlMonroe

UrlPerlMonroe Rookie

I wouldn't trust any opinion posted by someone with the nick " MasterBaiter ".

6. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I dont understand the debate...those of you saying to keep it quiet, do you not understand how much YoYo has to lose by not saying anything? Seriously, this is silly.

You do your job by telling the owner...the responsibility is then in the hands of the man...and you are safe.

Youd be playing with fire if you stay quiet about it.

Thats all there is to it. It shouldnt be a debate.

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Hell, I ate food prepared by the dude...

I don't know what that says about me.
    :D

8. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Yeah, I agree with this. If you do this and somehow it backfires, file a wrongful termination suit against the company and you'll have the last laugh.

9. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

so you finally took the offer, right?

10. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

Jump on top of your desk and start throwing your feces at all your co-workers while screaming "NO LAYUPS!!!!" repeatedly.

This will earn you a little respect at the very least.

11. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Are you trader_jorge's slow witted love child?

12. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

What if this was a test by management to see if you did the right thing.....

Do the right thing Yo_yo.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

His boss is the one that sent the original EMAIL..he ha to go above his BOSS to do it.

Hey Yo_Yo....look at the bright side...you might be the new CIO !

DD

14. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Its not the most dignified nickname but good advice is good advice.

15. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Did he wash his hands before he started coooking?

16. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Which is irrelevant since his company has a policy against intra office relationships.

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I certainly hope so. :(

18. TheBigAristotle

Lmfao! :D

19. Rocket1

Rocket1 Member

winner

20. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

CIO violating IT policy for compromising relationship with HR manager sounds serious. If someone higher up asks you why you didn't report it, do you have a good answer?