1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So my boss is having an affair

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by The_Yoyo, May 19, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

Ha ha, good one! Never heard that one before!

I think it's awesome that my opinion is obviously always flawed due to the fact that 8 years ago when I signed on to a basketball bbs, I created a name that at the moment I thought was funny. Oh, and I never wash my hands. Ever.

2. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

You know what would be classic...if The_Yoyo got busted by some other administrator monitoring internet postings at his company for posting details about an e-mail he caught in his curse word filter. Let's assume that nobody here knows The_Yoyo well enough to know who he is talking about but he may just have friends who are also on this board that knows where he works and even know or have met the people in question.

I dunno...I just think it would be funny if the e-mail admin got busted by the internet admin. Is it really ethical to post this kind of stuff on a message board...even if the names are left out? Hmm...kind of a gray area. It's really none of our business or concern.

3. TheBigAristotle

Well, as long as you acknowledge it as truth. That's the first step :)

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

that would be funny cept that I am also the internet admin here too. Our company isnt too big ~100 employees so I wear multiple admin hats here

5. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

6. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

For your sake I hope he left out the special sauce.

7. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Member

12:30 in CA, I wonder how lunch is going. Can you tell I am bored?

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

1:40 CA time. When do we get our update?

9. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Damn... get off of his nuts... the man must be working right now.

10. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

Don't Almu us, YoYo!

11. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I dunno... I think it would be funny if
    [​IMG]

:D

12. The_Yoyo

ok so here is the update

I couldnt get lunch with the owner since he had a meeting in the morning run long and had to be out of the office by 2pm to attend another meeting.

I told him that I did want to speak with him briefly

So we spoke I just told him that I was notified of an email that was sent from a work address containing a profane word and I had a copy of that email that email sent to me per upper management's previous mandate.

he said yeah so you probably get those all the time so why bring it up now

I told them then the nature of the email (did not go into detail over what it said exactly) and said that involved two of the employees at the company.

Not to my exact surprise he asked me if it was my boss and the HR Lady

I said it was.

he said he thought there could have been something going on but he said he did not want to think about that since right now as i mentioned in an earlier post the way the company is structure there is no way the company could withstand an abrupt firing of either of the two employees in question.

He asked for a copy of the email to be sent to him so he has it just in case for future purposes and did thank me for being honest with him and knew it must have been hard since he knows both my boss and I are pretty good friends.

I told him my concerns that if he speaks to either of them about it that I will be the target of both of them, he assured me not to worry and that no such thing would be happening as long as he was the owner and that at least right now he isnt in a position to approach them about this since it will not do anything but hurt the company. He said he wouldnt talk to them but if something else pops up via company property to notify him immediately.

he said he appreciated my honestly and that he would keep this in mind and that he never forgets honestly since there is so little of it in today's world.

i sent a copy of the email to a private account i have just in case if I need it for the future, but everything seemed to work out fine and sort of how I expected.

I am just glad its not on my shoulders anymore.

13. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Damnit Yoyo.. you had gold in your hands and you handed it over to the wrong man. I bet you he will use it as gold. ;)

14. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Sounds like it went as well as it could. Glad it worked out.

15. SwoLy-D

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Looks like you did the right thing.

Now its just a little company hush-hush.

17. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

Good resolution, IMO. You had a good approach to the conversation (didn't go into it throwing ppl under the bus), you said all that was necessary, and the owner's not going to sell you out... And there's a record now, so your bases are covered, and they're the ones who are going to get the axe if anything else comes up.

18. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

whew....well if you all of sudden stop posting then we'll know you've been eliminated :(

jk, glad it all worked out!

19. SwoLy-D

^ Oh, wow, that's not optimistic at all, Ms. Di. :( You can still edit it. EDIT: darn it, you said "jk", but I thought the other way 'cuz I didn't see a smiley.

Except the promise from the owner to him about his protection "as long as he's the owner" isn't in an email or written. It's only verbally, so when stuff hits the fan, let's hope the owner doesn't skip town on YoYo. :eek:

El YoYo, por favor, make sure you either record him saying things like this for your own protection or in the email he asked to forward, don't just FW, but open up a message, write something to the likes of "As per our conversation and at your request, here is the message in question which I mentioned to you was in violation of language rules as set forth by blah blah"... so you can note he asked you for it. I would do it this way and keep a copy in my SENT ITEMS and BCC to a personal one. :cool: Anyone disagree?

20. The_Yoyo

if that happened where the heck would you be?

where the heck would all of you be????

if that had happened I just be posting from my house instead of work :eek: