1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So my boss is having an affair

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by The_Yoyo, May 19, 2009.

Tags:
  1. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

So as I am getting ready to go to bed last night I checked my phone for any email from work like I normally do...I usually do not receive late night email unless its from my boss (and he is at a conference right now so he sends me late night emails) or if its from one of my servers at work letting me know something is wrong.

so I have an email there waiting and its from my exchange server someone has sent or received an email that violated the language policy that I set and thus I was notified of the email and it is in quarantine.

So i was just like what sort of person would use language in an email?

so I hop onto my laptop and log onto my work computer to settle the issue.

I find out the email was sent by my boss.

the email had a very graphic sexual message of what he was going to do to her when he gets back into town

the email was sent to a personal email address to someone at the company

the person is the head of HR here at the company

my boss is married with two kids she has a longtime BF who is in and out of town do to work

FML

now my boss will be back either thursday or friday in office. I've always suspected the two of them had more than just a friendship but never suspected anything like this from either of them.

Its his business I am not going to act any different around him, if either his wife or her BF find out then its their problem I certainly do not want to get involved.

Part of me wants to slap the **** of him for using a work email address to send stuff like that. He is a CIO, he should know better. Create a new email address just for this so no one knows about it. I am more frustrated about this more than anything.

Also i just feel bad for his wife, probably one of the nicest persons i have ever met and also very unsuspecting of him. I just hope this is just a stupid phase and it goes through without any problems

I mean seriously with someone at work...how many **** storms can arise from that both personal and professional life? And he gave me a lecture about flirting with some of the female staff here.

ugh

/end rant

1 person likes this.
  2. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

this thread is worthless without pictures

3. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

Why do you care what the outcome of this is? It has nothing to do with you and I'd bet your office doesn't have a policy that says you have to report the issue..

4. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The duplicity and stupidity of the human race never ceases to astound me.

5. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

That is so wrong, Yo, but do you think you should get involved?

You don't want to jeopardize your job.....you got hired a couple months ago there, right?

6. Fatty FatBastard

I would make sure he knows that you got it.

What he did was, at the very least, very unprofessional. Besides, like him or not, having something like that on a boss should secure your future there for awhile. On the plus side, maybe it will cause him to take a look in the mirror at his behavior.

I wouldn't let anyone else know, though.

7. droxford

droxford Member

Blackmail him and get your salary doubled.

8. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Somebody's getting a promotion!!!!!

9. The_Yoyo

by couple of months if you mean 3 years then yes

no i am not going to get involved at all

Davidoff: who am I going to complain to? HR? the head of HR is the one he is cheating with!

and yes our company does have a strict no personal work relationship policy. One of the other managers last year was asked to resign when upper management found out he was dating one of the employees or to end the relationship. Luckily for him he was planning to leave soon anyways because he had found another job so it worked out that way.

just mad and upset because I thought he was a better man than that and held him to a higher standard in terms of character than some of the other people around here. This aside he is a very good boss to work for and a nice guy.

10. no_answer

no_answer Member

Except all of the posters on CF.

11. The_Yoyo

haha true but I have no worries about people here looking at the website

I live in LA everyone here has jumped full stride on the lakers bandwagon

they all surf lakersground

you should have seen the anger the day when I place that website on the ban list before game 1.

they ask if there is a "rockets" equivalent I tell them no and I use the ESPN boards.

last thing I need from them is to take away the sanctuary/madhouse that is clutchfans

2 people like this.
  12. eveluvsrox

eveluvsrox Contributing Member

Yay us :D :D ;) :p :p

13. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I can't believe no one has asked for a transcript of said email.

This thread is worthless w/out said email.

EDIT: I agree there is an incredible lack of common sense to use company email to do this. Especially considering their positions, they must have warned many other employees about this.

#13 professorjay, May 19, 2009
    Last edited: May 19, 2009
  14. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

I think that you have an obligation to mention to someone above your boss. If not, it could come back to bite you. Here are some things that immediately to mind that could get you:

1) He\They find out that you know and your performance reviews start looking worse showing a pattern that you are not capable and then you get fired. You can't later come out with it because then you didn't disclose it when you found out.
    2) It gets found out that you knew and then you are covering up something unethical. All companies have ethical clauses.
    3) You say nothing and he says that you were blackmailing him and that is why you didn't say anything.

These are the first things that comes to my mind and I'm sure I can come up with a few more hypotheticals. All management should have open door policies and you should take it directly to his chain of command. It isn't easy, it isn't fun but I think you HAVE to do it. All places should keep you anonymous.

If you found out and it wasn't via company machines, I'd say STFU. You going to management and disclosing what you found out immediately covers your ass. You make sure you have some sort of documentation that CLEARLY states that the meeting took place and that you are turning all responsibility over to them. You keep that because if you later get fired, that is your get out of jail free card. They CANNOT fire you for that. If management doesn't want to get involved, that is their prerogative but at least you let them make that call.

#14 Master Baiter, May 19, 2009
    Last edited: May 19, 2009
  15. YallMean

YallMean Member

None of your business. Keep quiet. Seriously.

16. Fatty FatBastard

LOL. Wait, you actually blocked access to their fansite but kept yours open?

Awesome.

17. tested911

tested911 Member

One word

BLACKMAIL

Man you could be sitting pretty hahaha.. Want that raise? How about extra days off? Want the company card? No problem...

Sorry my other shoulder was talking as I was writing this. :D

18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

You have to do your job.

Go to the higher ups and tell them what happened.

Like MB said, trying to squash this out might seem the easiest thing to do, but man it could really come back to bite you in the ass.

19. The_Yoyo

thanks for the advice

the problem is that with the recent economic climate our company has gone through massive changes in management...there are basically 3 upper level manangers now.

the owner
    my boss
    the head of HR

you see the problem in saying something to the owner? if its the #2 and #3 people and they end up having some sort of problem it will either be swept under the rug since the owner really needs the two of them to help run the company or if they are both let go the company will have to close up shop because there is no way they could find a replacement for the HR person to do all she does without having a massive impact on the company short run. If I get bumped up there are somethings I will have to learn but can learn..I dont think the drop off will be as much but there will be some drop off. my boss has some licensing that is critical for company operations

so ratting them at right now will have a negative impact on me.

maybe in a few months or so when the management structure/power becomes more distributed as (hopefully) the economy improves it may be better for me to do/say something if its still going on.

20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I don't think you'd be "ratting them out" by going to the owner.

You just present to him what you saw, and tell him he can do whatever he wishes with the info, but you are simply doing your job.

If he decided to sweep it under the rug, you act like it never happened.

Just make it clear to him you are simply trying to cover your own ass and don't want what you saw to put you in a compromising position.