1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So much for a beer run

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by wreck, Sep 6, 2007.

1. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Store clerk fatally shoots alleged beer thief

A Heights gas station clerk shot and killed a man who was allegedly attempting to steal beer from the business late Wednesday night, Houston police said.

The man, whose identity was unavailable, entered a Conoco gas station in the 600 block of Studewood next to the Heights Sports Bar and Social Lounge around 11:48 p.m. and attempted to steal beer from the store, said Houston Police Department homicide Sgt. L.A. Flores.

When the man ran out to his car in the parking lot, Flores said, the clerk followed him out and confronted him. At some point, the clerk fired a gun and shot the man in the torso, Flores said.

The man was pronounced dead at the scene. Investigators have not yet determined whether the shooting was in self-defense, Flores said.

No further details were immediately available.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5112013.html
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

This seems a little extreme, I should have put it in the D&D but i am afraid of that forum.

What do you guys think about that.

2. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i'm not saying the perpetrator deserved to get shot...but I understand.

3. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

If the guy ran out, how was the clerk defending himself? Why would the clerk have even ran out after him over some beer?

4. bladeage

El CooCooiiiiiii!!!

5. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

WAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

6. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yeah. he might be in some trouble with that

7. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

what's the law on that? if someone was trying to run away with your property and you had a gun pointed at him... and you yelled at him to stop but he didn't. can you shoot the man?

8. bladeage

Well considering this guy got shot in the chest, he could not have been running away. But my guess is that you can't kill someone cause they run off with your beer. Maybe shoot them in the leg or something. Or better yet, chase after him and catch him, then get your crap back.

9. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

I guess it depends on the type of beer. If the guy was trying to steal some Natty Light, then I say just let him take off. If it's anything decent, then pump some lead in him...

10. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

It sounded like they got into a confrontation. Maybe after confronting the man, the man threatened the clerk. Who knows?

I have a feeling it may have been a last straw sort of violent attack.

Clerk may or may not own the store, I don't know, but I'm sure he gets things stolen lots of times. Maybe he just calculated how much money he's lost over the years from stolen goods and thought he could have sent his kid to college with that much money.

I know I asked my Dad one time how much he's had stolen from him over the years and he told me that he could probably be retired right now if he had that money back...I asked him another time and he said if he calculated the dollar amount to the penny, he probably be so mad he'd HAVE to kill the next person stealing from him...so he doesn't calculate.

11. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

the clerk should go to jail if what was reported is the way it went down

12. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

In Texas, as an owner of property , you can pursue them and shoot them to recollect your property, but it has to be AT NIGHT. Seriuosly. At my CHL class, the question was asked if gun owner could shoot someone fortaking stuff from their open garage, and the instructor (an ex police chief) explained that it had to be at night.

13. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

ahh.... that takes me back.

14. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

The thief tried to give him a Shiner.

15. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

I would assume so, with "SWT" in your name...

16. WildSweet&Cool

Then the clerk tried to get it Bock.

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

that's not really the heights, the real heights is dry.

18. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

True story...when I was a freshman at UTSA, a friend and I went into a store to whaoo some beer. We didn't notice that the clerk was on to us and locked the door behind us after we went to the beer section. I walked calmly to the front with 2 cases and then took off for the door. I slammed into the door and my friend right behind me slammed into me. The clerk said he was calling the cops. I proceeded to tell the clerk that since we never actually left the store, we didn't steal anything and the cops couldn't do crap. It somehow convinced him and he let us go.

It was the only time the jedi mind trick actually worked for me.

19. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

LMAO!!!

20. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

LOL.....I wonder how many people on this forum
    actually know the so called mexican "boogie-man"!