1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So let me get this straight...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsFan11, Jun 23, 2011.

1. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

you do realize we dumped a bad, worthless contract, miller, for a cheaper, less worthless contract, flynn, to move up a couple spots to get a good 7 footer. im not going to defend morris.

i dont think were keeping flynn, but it maybe during the season that we trade him. morey looked like he was creating cap space for the upcoming FA.

2. Glenyo

Glenyo Member

AMEEEEENNN !

3. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Lowry could not make it in Memphis. Nash did not make it until end of Dallas, really Phoenix. Billups did not make it until Detroit. Wallace did not make it until Charlotte. J. O'Neal did not make it until Indiana.

I could go on, but I think you get my point.

Plus we bought back the 2nd round pick, and Memphis's pick is at least 2 years away if not more and will be very, very low.

4. Dei

Dei Member

Morris is a combo forward.

Donatas Montiejunas is 7'. We also got Chandler Parsons, who's a really tall SF at 6'10.

Flynn was filler.

Still no C but, if they're signing Montiejunas, there'll be a glut at the 4. Hill and Thabeet will have to grow some balls and man the 5.

5. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Face up jumper, low post moves. Undersized PF who can defend SF. WE ALREADY HAVE THAT!!

Im also unsure how acquiring another 3rd who's undersized is a win. You guys are celebrating mediocrity

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

6'8 for an SF is undersized? Why don't you tell that to Pierce, Melo, Lebron, Iggy and every other premier sf in the L? :rolleyes:

Posts like these are why you're still a rookie despite being in the Forum for a long time.

7. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

I pretty much prepared for this like any other year. People are making up stuff just to prove a point or to instigate things. It's actually the most pathetic year yet. Everyone have questions about the drafts. You could see that before last night, people have different opinions. Here's a bunch of people with big egos and an idea of what they think is best as opposed to the people who are actually professionals. These said people then argue tooth and nail and agree with others who wants to criticize even though most of these people don't even agree on what really should be done.

Moreso, half of these people wanted the Rockets to tank and get a good pick, yet trying to get the BPA in what seems to be a rebuilding phase doesn't work either. People then criticize about needs. If you're rebuilding, then everything else goes out the window. When you rebuild, you rebuild for the future. You look at your roster and you figure out who's part of your future and who is not. What's funnier is that EVERYONE expects these first round picks to come in and start. It does not work that way. Unless you are highly invested with a top 3-5 pick, your guy generally don't come in and be your everyday starter unless proven. Just looking at your starting PG/SF/SF/PF/C and just plug things in with the draft is like making a beeline with your knight to the opposing king. I don't get why fans like to criticize so much over a draft where 99% of the people know nothing about. It's even more moronic to make up stuff just to prove both your point and the previous sentence's point.

8. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

I want to see someone that does not have a "face up jumper...."

Another 3rd of what? Are you talking about SFs? If so, what in the world are you talking about with him being "undersized."

9. DiamondDobb

DiamondDobb Member

I'm happy with the draft choices/moves, I think Morris seems to have a good attitude and from the few vids I've seen his skillset is great, give him some conditioning training to up his atheleticism a bit and I can't see why he wouldn't be able to play at the 3. Monty seems to have a fantastic skillset, doesn't seem as small as a lot of people would like us all to believe and he moves well. Bulk him up and teach him defense and he can easily play at the 5. Not seen much of Parsons, but what I've heard sounds good.

10. saintja2

saintja2 Contributing Member

Which would you prefer?

1) 2-deep at every position with not enough star power to get past the 2nd round?

2) 3-deep at some positions and no depth at others but better players overall locked into cheap contracts?

The first team probably wins more games and gets worse picks.

The second team can try to upgrade through trades and with the better picks can try to fix their needs the next draft when good players more suitable to their needs might be available.

To me the answer is simple and before somebody has to say it, it doesn't mean "accepting mediocrity"

11. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

I like how people think Lowry is gone now that we have Flynn, lmao.

He'll be lucky to see time at all.