1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

So Kyrie Irving ends up getting a signature shoe before Harden...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by oogie boogie, Dec 4, 2014.

1. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Yep. Nike officially unveiled the Nike Kyrie 1. I'm highly upset. I was certain that Harden was next in line to get his own signature shoes for Nike.

It sucks seeing guys like Wall, Lillard and now Kyrie getting their official signature shoes.

I mean AT LEAST Paul George! But Kyrie?? Are you serious, fam? Westbrook doesn't even have his own shoes with Jordan Brand.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Harden has been wearing these this season. He has some Nike Run the One P.E.s(Player Editions)
    [​IMG]

2. mig0s

mig0s Member

Maybe Harden just didn't think about it or push through? If he really wants one now he'll get one.

3. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

im good... i remember the last time i bought a Rockets signature shoe

[​IMG]

4. Rox11

Rox11 Member

These are by far my fav tmac and shoe design [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Pfft, who needs a signature shoe when you've got this?

[​IMG]

6. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Pfft. No shooting guards ever get shoe deals

7. kakaman

kakaman Member

Not sure if serious...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Definitely not serious. I thought that since obviously Jordan is the biggest sneaker brand name next to Nike, that it would be a funny comment. And of course there are the Kobes, T Macs, and Iversons.

9. CertifiedTroll

So, everyone hates Houston. People will buy that BS because Kyrie plays with Lebron and is destined to win a championship or 10.

10. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

He is waiting until 2015...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Neped

Neped Member

Why does everyone hate Houston??

12. Victorious

Victorious Member

Harden is actually next in line for a signature shoe. Kyrie, p George and Harden were all suppose to get one.

13. qetwr111

qetwr111 Member

smh you people complain about the most stupid *****

14. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

15. skyline07

skyline07 Member

I'm sorry but why does this stuff even matter? As long as it doesnt effect the team...

16. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

It's just dollars and sense for Nike.

It seems like the modern trend with large shoe brands is on getting signature shoe lines very early in a player's career and then banking on brand/line loyalty through the rest of their career. Irving can possibly still be a relevant player in the playoffs a decade from now - remember he's 22 now and getting carried into the playoffs by the best player in the world for at least the next 8 years. Remember when Nike's PR team went to work after the Kobe rape allegations? I'm pretty sure the word "hater" became more widely used because the Nike PR team used it to foster the image of us(Kobe fans) against them (Kobe haters). Now no one even remembers how hated he was at the time. Just think how popular Irving will be 5 years from now after Nike's PR team has been carefully sculpting his public image(same goes for Lebron although he was less hated than Kobe).

But back to the point - when a PR team invests in improving your popularity rating to sell more shoes, they want to keep building on it - turn 5 million fans into 15 million into 45 million. If they pick older players, their window to build on growing that fan base is much smaller and thus the brand can't capitalize financially.

Since Harden started his career coming off the bench, he wasn't the level of star he needed to be at 22 or 23 to get a shoe line. Same with Steph Curry. If Harden where going to get a signature shoe(with one of the big shoe brands at least), he would have had to have got one already. I'm sure if Harden wanted a sig shoe he could have one with lesser known brand however.

17. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Harden will get a ring before Kyrie ever does soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

18. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Not that Kyrie is better than Harden, but he does have Love and Lebron. I wouldn't be shocked if Kyrie gets a ring before Harden. However, an MVP award is a completely different conversation...

19. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

When Harden signs, its gonna be in the 100M range

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

He's one of the more overrated players in the league, IMO, but he's flashy as hell, so that'll get you some endorsements.