1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So it’s not Tilman. It’s been Harden all along.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Dec 16, 2020.

1. vator

vator Contributing Member

I too hope Harden gets traded now. These articles have me convinced now more than ever that this was a failed experiment. We don't need any primadonnas on this team. From the looks of things around this forum, we deserve high character teams comprised of multiple All-Star or borderline All-Star level players like Kevin Martin, Kyle Lowry, Goran Dragic, Luis Scola, and guys that know their roles like Patrick Patterson and Marcus Morris. That will get the job done. Those were the golden years. We may end up with records like 42-40, 43-39, and 34-32 for three consecutive years and barely miss the playoffs, but man those guys played hard and all the team flights left on time. We will have a great locker room culture and our offense may not be as good, but at least we won't have that ball stopping party animal dribbling around. Dumb Morey thought trading all of those really good pieces for one superstar level talent was the way to go, but who needs to make the playoffs 8 years in a row and go to the WCF twice during that span? Harden is not a culture fit. Bill O'Brien would've gotten rid of this fool a long time ago.

2. riko

riko Member

Exactly

HP3 likes this.
  3. Nimo

Nimo Member

Tillman loves this post. He would love to send you a Landry coupon. Please post address.

HP3 and YOLO like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

I wouldn't say it's working. The small number of people gullible enough to believe bs doesn't represent the bigger body of rockets fans that all know better and follow this team enough to have a better understanding of what goes on

HP3 and lionaire like this.
  5. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

After reading the full article...

Trade this cancer already so we can start a new culture here.

I thought Harden was another NBA diva but no, he's way beyond that. He's one of the most toxic players in the league, I hope we trade him before his value further craters.

6. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

My first thought is you can't be right because this narrative damages his trade value. But actually that's probably not true. Although we as fans didn't know a lot of this, it's probably common knowledge and teams aren't learning anything new. Certainly Morey shouldn't be surprised. So yeah, you're probably right.

HP3 likes this.
  7. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It's crazy to me how many people take this article as gospel. Where do you think these reporters get their information? Who do you think is feeding this stuff to McMahon? I'm not saying Harden is without blame here, but come on. Use your critical thinking skills. That doesn't mean the whole article is BS, but the guys who write these articles depend on having good relationships with the current front office for their livelihood. There are two sides to every story.

If the takeaway from this article is "it's everyone's fault except Tilman, it's not Tilman at all!", what does that tell you about the sources? The "Harden gets what he wants" culture has clearly been a problem, but take this with a grain of salt.

HP3, Der Rabbi and vator like this.
  8. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Except not exactly.

The quote of mine above is a specific reply to someone's question of Steph curry.

Previous post of mine in this thread and others stated what I've always believed about harden and the rockets team.

Why not both? Tilman andthe rockets handling of things sucked and harden and his entitlement and behavior sucked.

The fact that harden got everything he wanted with the rockets isn't new info.

The info being reported doesn't seem to be in dispute.

How any of this makes the organization, Tilman, Morey, mda etc look better is beyond me.

Imo it makes everyone involved look like dumbasses. Especially Tilman, Morey and mda.

Most superstars are going to demand things (look at pg). It's up to the team to set the limits. Like MIA with LeBron, Spurs with Kawhi. It might work or it might not... At least you'll still have your dignity and respect.

Lastly, if you go around talking about how someone is a better scorer than micheal jordan and how he is one of the best offensive player ever etc.

Don't be surprised when that players has a head and ego bigger than even MJ.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's crazy how few people blame Harden for the fallout from what he's done for years now. He's an amazing player, that was never in question, but he's also a spoiled diva who ruined the best Rockets team in history (yes better than the 94 or 95 teams) and is seeking to avoid all responsibility for it.

The Rockets were in a no win scenario with him, either let him almost certainly destroy the team....or he'd certainly destroy the team if he didn't get his way.

They gave him what he wanted, they let him destroy the team and the Harden simps are out trying to blame everyone else while Harden is trying to bail on the situation he caused.

J.R. and harold bingo like this.
  10. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

I don't understand how anyone reading that article would come away with the impression that the team/tilman was blameless.

He's the owner and has been the owner for the past couple years. As he like to out it. He's the captain of the ship, the leader and where the buck stops.

The culture, unprofessional and the lack of accountability is the fault of the team. You don't let the inmates run the asylum and then blame them for doing so poorly.

harold bingo likes this.
  11. lionaire

lionaire Member

Wait so since he's the main issue then y'all shouldn't be so upset that he wants out right? Should be a good thing right?

12. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

If you think that any Rockets team that Harden played on would have beaten the Rockets championship teams then I KNOW you didn't witness the Championship teams play. The championship teams would have the best player in franchise history (Dream34) playing at the height of his powers, with a bunch of guys who defended while taking/making a ton of clutch shots in championship situations.

As far as Harden goes, I'm all for a reboot, but any superstar these days will require the red carpet treatment. Harden is an A--hole , spoiled, entitled millionaire NBA athlete not unlike those in the NFL & MLB.

#72 TEXNIFICENT, Dec 16, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
  13. psaman17

psaman17 Member

True. But If i'm broke, i dont buy an NBA team.

ipaman likes this.
  14. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

15. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Lol Rockets in full on damage control and it’s working flawlessly.

CHI likes this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's a different game now, and 3 points are still worth more than 2. Also with how fouls are called now, the whole 94-95 team would struggle to stay on the court due to foul trouble.

17. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

And harden is immature and greedy. Your point?

18. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Tilman deserves some blame sure because as the owner the buck stops with him. But he's getting too much of the blame for the "Harden situation" when it was Alexander and Morey who created the monster when they caved into Harden's demand to fire McHale. If anything, Tilman is putting a stop to the coddling which is understandable seeing as how it hasn't resulted in a championship (which is what I thought was the ultimate objective). But I'm not surprised at how many here are refusing to believe reality because that's the storyline for 2020. After all just look at ALL of the nonsense going on about the Presidential election especially here in Texas. And I'm not really all that surprised that they (Rockets) now find themselves in this mess because they (Rockets) made the conscious decision to disregard the one essential truth: "Absolute power corrupts absolutely". If Harden is acting entitled it's because they have allowed him to do so. This is on them.

J.R. likes this.
  19. HP3

HP3 Member

First of all, he's not reporting that. He's giving his opinion. Second of all WHO DO YOU THINK he's getting his info from???

20. HP3

HP3 Member

Bro....Stephen Curry has a ton of pull with the Warriors, he got his brother in law on the squad.

HardenVolumeOne likes this.