1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So, I'm waiting at home with two butcher knives in my hand...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Disciple of RP, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Rockets1988-

Rockets1988- Member

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

fixed..

I'm not arguing what a real fan is or isnt. All i'm saying is basketball should have nothing to do with your view about this thread.

3. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

They do suck, they are definite nuthuggers thus why they are a OF in the first place.

I was saying I didn't say they were bad or sucky because they are a toss up/bipolar depending on the day.

Here are dictionary terms for you.
    suck
    to draw into the mouth by producing a partial vacuum by action of the lips and tongue: to suck lemonade through a straw.
    Sucky
    disagreeable; unpleasant.

and I didn't say people deserve respect for being 'true fans'. I said simply that Rocket fans are better.

See it is simple, Einstein himself foretold this information years ago if you paid any attention whatsoever to his work.

[​IMG]

Now no more thread derailment please, back to the topic at hand.

Us true fans got your back T/S, feel free to vent in the hangout whenever it is necessary.

#323 Realjad, Jun 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
  4. Prince

Prince Member

Sounds like you are one.

5. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

i'm still waiting...

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

My 2 cents is that they should try to talk about it. If she doesn't then she feels guilty about something.

Again, I don't think the events that happened is a deal breaker to a marriage with kids. People make bad decisions, and I sure as hell don't know what their relationship is like.

7. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

If there was infidelity and it was coordinated, these would have to be some STUPID friends to talk to the husband about ANYTHING. Why leave ANY kind of trail? Why even try to "buy more time"? Heck, why even go to the bar for that? Coulda just went straight to the hotel and been hush hush. Why have another girl go along as a third wheel and she calls the house blowing everyone's cover?

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Agree that women WITH KIDS can go out with friends every once in a while, and to a place that serves alcohol. No one should have to stay in domestic confinement ALL the time.

I dont think the male sentiment expressed in here is approaching the blaming the woman for her own raping thing. The whole "Whatchu expect when you dressing half nekkid!" kinda approach. Misogyny leading to ignorance.

The OP said the women was in distress. Natural reaction is to reel her in and take control of the situation. Plus NO ONE is trusting ANY GUY involved. The girl was all alone in the guy's car. Unless the guy is a family member or gay, a guy still has the stigma attached to him of sexual opportunist. Plus no one trusts alcohol, the ultimate "1 thing leads to another" enabler. Then all the increasing accounts of horror stories out there of women slipping in the extra-maritals, and its altogether a little uncomfortable.

In my opinion - if anything the role reversal of women going out with the guy staying at home highlights how bad and suspect it looks when GUYS THEMSELVES do it. This woman is showing the bad example how women have been right all along about guys and how NO ONE should go out :eek:

10. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Hi. First time poster, but I've been reading since the first post. I'd like to tell a story, how I solved something almost similar, and give my comment... and I'll hang up and listen:

My wife went out to drink a few with her friends. She didn't specify GUYS or GIRLS. I trust her enough. :eek: I had our girls and was at a function with them, by the way.

She calls at about 9 and says she's feeling queasy and doesn't think she can drive home. *she ended up having drank a few, but it was really her stomach that had maybe something that made her feel uneasy. At first, I thought she was really drunk.

I was way out of town and she was in the Heights. As soon as she said "I don't think I can drive home", my next words were "WAIT RIGHT THERE. I am going there to pick you up. Let me talk to the bar owner, please." I talked to the manager. I asked him to check to see if her car was out there and he said yes, and I said I was the husband who would be coming to pick her up.

I picked her up. I thanked the bar owner for his assistance. No one had to take her home, no one else was involved, and even then, I found that she was there with a good friend of mine and hers whom I also trust.

My take on the situation:
    I am just wondering why the OP didn't pick her up himself to begin with, and why the bar owner or manager of the club where they were didn't do anything about this. Also, there is no clear response as to what was the explanation for the scrapes and blood, if the blood is really hers, or if the keys and wallet were ever found. :confused:

Disciple of RP, do you mind answering the questions?

11. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

What a thread. I can't believe I missed so much. I just want to be a small part of it. :grin:

12. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Because they are drunk women.

13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

THis is basically saying that you don't trust your wife since you don't trust her to pick her friends or to be able to act responsibly when a problem occurs.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Rockets fans are better people? Wouldnt that mean they would get more respect from you? You're saying everything i claimed you've saying, no matter how much you circle about it. I guess next time any rockets' fans commit a crime we know who to contact, since you'll have our back since we're better and deserve the outmost respect because we can root for a team. Makes a lot of sense :rolleyes:

15. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

Swoly: those questions were answered. More than once.

Everyone else: you can think what you want about me, my wife, my life, whatever. What's important is what I know and that my family is safe. That's all I can really say. If you want to keep trying to bring me down, that's your prerogative. If you want to believe/know/insist that my wife cheated on me, more power to you.

I'm not going anywhere. F that. I like this forum and I'll continue to post.

XxShadyPinkxX and Rockets R' Us like this.
  16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

If I could rep you again, I would........

DD

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

You shouldn't let the uneducated, crass opinions of a few ignorant people dissuade you from continuing to post here, that would be foolish.

Strengthen your mind.

18. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Glad you're staying, people thrive on drama, it's a shame really. Hope everything is ok with you and your family. Don't worry about all the BS going on here with all the perfect lives from those judging you.

19. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:confused: I guess I didn't read properly. What happened to the keys and wallet and how did she get the blood?

Don't worry, man. I'm not one of the ones who thought your wife did anything wrong besides drinking maybe one too many or losing her whereabouts. :eek:

#339 SwoLy-D, Jun 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
  20. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

She fell. Once she figured out how far away she was from our house, she says she remembers running down the sidewalk (in sandals) and eventually falling flat on her face. Her purse hit the ground, wallet and keys fell out, phone battery came undone. This is why I couldn't get a hold of her for a while and this is when I really started to worry. She couldn't figure out how to put the battery back in and actually showed up on our doorstep with the phone in one hand and the batter in the other. No telling where the keys and wallet are...I already changed the locks, canceled CCs and we went and got her a new license today.