1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So, I'm waiting at home with two butcher knives in my hand...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Disciple of RP, Jun 12, 2010.

1. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

wow. That sounds crazy and just weird. What an effed up situtation. GLad everyone is ok, but i would personallystill be bothered by the whole event and all the details.

on a lighter note, this wasnt all some weird type of Role Play, was it?

2. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well I'm glad she was ok but I wanted to just point something out..... There's no way of telling if she did or didn't cheat on you... You weren't there and she was gone for some time and she was drunk... Unless you have a rape kit at your disposal, you'll never know... Either way my friend... I would recommend she doesn't go out without for a while...

3. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

Glad the OP's wife reached home and the situation came to a safe ending. Definitely agree with the idea of the wife taking more responsibility in that situation, and her friend taking care of her as well. These are adults we're talking about, with responsibilities at home. They can no longer behave like teenagers or twenty year olds and just allow themselves to be in a state where neither of them had control of the situation. Add a d-bag male friend and your guaranteed a unsafe night. A cab should've been called or the OP should've just arranged to pick her up at a certain time if the wife knew before hand she would be unable to drive, or realized at some point she needed a ride.

As for the story overall (wife's story), I do find the whole period where she was gonna get dropped off, then got dropped off on the side of the road odd. What happened there between her and the guy? And the fact that the OP couldn't reach her at all during that period? Definitely would raise major questions IMO.

But with all being said, once again, glad she's safe and hope that you two can sort it out and plan better for the future. Good luck.

PS:
    No need to leave the board. This is what we all come here for and learn to lean upon each other as a group of friends. Thats why this is the hangout, and not the GARM because here we can discuss things outside of our one shared interest. Friends do stupid things, but no need to leave the circle because of it. Do realize though that the board forgives but the board never forgets. :p

4. Prince

Prince Member

This is in America, not in Kabul.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I’m really glad the OP’s wife is okay. Reading his 1st couple of posts, and noticing that the thread was at 15+ pages, really had me worried that something horrible had happened and we might be reading about it on the news this morning.... Glad that wasn’t the case, and that’s really the only thing that matters when it’s all said and done.

None of us know enough about the OP’s personal situation to do more than offer our own opinions. All we can do is try to think what we would do in his situation. But since every poster here has a different relationship with their S-O, obviously you’re going to get a million different opinions. Just because some people think the worst of the wife and some people think “eh, she just had too much to drink, nothing to see here” doesn’t make any of the opinions wrong. People are just basing them on their own relationships.

My wife goes out with her teacher friends 3 or 4 times a month. They meet up for dinner and drinks and just gossip about other teachers. Those chicks can drink most guys here under the table, but I don’t have a problem with it. It gives me a chance to do whatever I want for the night while she’s gone like watch the military channel, play online poker, pron, practice my guitar, etc.

That being said, she doesn’t go to clubs, there are never any guys with them (except for an occasional husband stopping by after work), and she certainly never gets so drunk that she is totally incoherent or unaware of where she is. She pretty much texts me every half hour (not because I make her, but because she has a new phone....) I guess what I’m trying to say is that the OP’s wife’s story just sounds really fishy.

But the main thing is that she is alright. This story could’ve ended MUCH worse than it did.

And, OP.....don’t leave the board. We’ve all posted stupid stuff. Hell, I once started a thread asking how do download a soundcard............

6. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

That is B/S. I didn't say Yao only fans are sucky or bad people. They are kind of a toss up, kind of like someone with Bi-Polar. They are great some days but it can switch in an instant. A true Rocket fan is like someone who isn't bi-polar but a very stable, smart dependable individual. I'm not saying Rocket fans are perfect human beings but they have evolved over time (especially since 94/95) to be above their predecessors and have reached the next age of humanity. A Rocket fan sets a model and a bar that all humans should strive to reach. Infact if every person on our planet was a religious Rocket fan then world peace just might be a possibility.

7. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

You're a Kabul!!

1 person likes this.
  8. droxford

droxford Member

How about an update?

What is her explanation of the events of that evening?

Where was she?

If she was passed out, how does she know he didn't date-rape her?

If she wasn't passed out, why didn't she answer her phone?

How does she explain the cuts on her palms and chin?

Were her missing wallet and keys ever found?

What happened?

9. Shaud

Shaud Member

Being a true Rocket fans has absolutely nothing to do with this thread.

10. YaosDirtyStache

I am YaosDirtyStache and I approve of you leaving the board.

11. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Wouldn't one butcher knife be more affective than two butcher knives?

Just sayin.

12. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Yeah I'd have done more than just talk to the friend.

oye... I can't imagine leaving a friend with a stranger.

Really glad all is okay.

daywalker02 likes this.
  13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

suicide is not the answer. oh... . ;)

14. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Here is my quick observation

always go with ur wife if they are going out at night unless they are with family. mostly to take care of her but also to keep an eye on her. even if ur not into that kind of thing.

as you can see, OP, its not really whether you trust her, is more of whether you trust everyone else. in which case i wouldnt take that risk.

also dont trust your wife's friends. because then they have friends that they trust which cannot be trusted. that whole friend of a friend thing is a terrible idea.

btw. Im glad everyones ok, and thank god you dont own a gun. its a lot easier to shoot someone than stab someone, not that I know but im just assuming. the way you described that guy i would've choked him at first site, he sounded like an idiot.

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

How is that not saying they suck? You also implied a person deserves respect just because they are "true fans". If we're talking basketball, then you may be right, but like i said earlier, this is life away from basketball and that's different. If i'm in a life or death situation i could care less if you've been faithfully rooting for a sports team all your life. I'd be more interested in how you are as a person overall. Religious fans can suck at life and as people too.

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm glad everyone is OK. It's a shame the male that was with them didn't do what any gentleman should and see that she made it home.

Nobody knows what was going on... at least on this board. It is a jump to say that she definitely was or wasn't involved in some extramarital activity.

Worst post of this thread probably goes to bladeage for claiming he wouldn't "let" his wife go out, or whatever, as if he controls the other person. Maybe it was just poorly worded but it came off sounding really misogynistic.

I'm not sure why other people are so eager to find out about her excuses for not answering the phone, or whatever. That's for the OP and his wife to sort through, and figure out, and he can post about it if he wants. Why does anyone on here who doesn't really know them care so much?

It's kind of strange to me. Anyway good luck.

17. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

IMO, I think you forgave her because you WANT it to be true that she didn't do anything bad.

Butcher knives?? Good lord that's personal. Think you could have did it?

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

The strangest thing about this already very strange thread is that there are 2 posters arguing about what constitutes a "real" Rockets fan in the middle of it.

I mean, really. WTF?? :confused:

19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That is a great about the thread. I love it.

20. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

A real Rockets fan would make the pilgrimage to the TC once a year and bow down to the holy statue in front of the entrance.