1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So I guess I'm the only one that doesn't want LeBron here?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htwnbandit, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Solaris

Solaris Member

If there is an opportunity to get LeBron and Morey didn't even try, I am pretty sure he'll get fired.

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm okay with getting Lebron even though I hate him. What I can't abide is getting Melo.

3. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Wait, did any of those trio's quit on their teams and conspire to join up?

4. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

He's a great player. I wouldn't say greatest on the planet, because KD's the best player this year.

C'mon dog, theres a obvious difference between Howard & Lebron. The fans in LA boo'd Howard his last game there. Him & Kobe had problems all season. He had one foot outta LA before the season had ended. Howard came here to find a team & city that would love him and allow him to be HIM unconditionally (something a city like LA or NY won't do). Lebron's hopping from team 2 team chasing championships. As soon as he fails, it's off to another team w/ another group of superstars he can "team up with". DO NOT WANT.

Melo's the same way. Denver had a good team & coach, but he left for a "big market city" that his wife could launch her reality show career in:rolleyes:. The Knicks have a history of sucking, but none of that mattered to him. Is that a basketball move? Or was he more focused building his brand? DO NOT WANT

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

For all those who are against Melo or LeBron joining the Rockets, don't let the door hit you on the way out when/if they do.
    Just like the morons who said they didn't want Dwight here.
    Leave if you are so morally appalled that you don't want the team to sign the greatest player on the planet who has lead his team to two championships in the past four years with four straight finals appearances.

I am tired of the "I only root for morally upright guys" fans. Gtfo. I want to see the best players on the court. You know why people don't give a **** that Kobe raped somebody, or Ray Lewis murdered somebody? Because this is sports, if you don't want the best talent on the court/field/pitch/etc. then gtfo.

#165 RedRedemption, Jun 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  6. meh

meh Contributing Member

Remind me when did Harden quit on his team and conspired with LeBron and Dwight to team up together?

7. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Yeah man!

**** morals!

8. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

You may be right about the op. I can't speak for him. But you constantly put all McGrady fans in the same delusional category. It's ridiculous to use one ignorant poster who lets his love for McGrady get in the way of real basketball knowledge and say that all Tmac fans feel like he does.

Like I said, Tmac is my all time favorite player. But he was nowhere near the player Lebron is and there's not a chance I would pass on him being on the rockets!

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I'm not condoning rape or murder btw.
    Just sick of all the people that are letting their personal biases cloud their judgment.

I hate Kobe but if he took vet. min to come here would I be flailing my arms in disgust and praying it doesn't happen? NO.

Its not like Derek Fisher where you hate the player AND he sucks, this is LeBron and Melo. Both are top ten players in the league right now with LeBron being the best.

10. TheJet

TheJet Member

Sure there's a difference between Dwight and LeBron. But the motive is the same. Dwight left Orlando for LA because he wanted to win. I'm pretty sure LA was banking on multiple stars that year, right? Kobe, Nash, Gasol, Howard. So if you think about it Dwight bailed on Orlando to team up with other stars and win. And he only came here because it gave him the best chance to win. To me that's the same thing James and Anthony are doing, albeit they are much more accomplished individual players.

Again, this is all subjective. You can dislike someone for any reason and not be wrong for it. I was never a huge Kevin Martin fan before we got him, when we had him, or after he left. But I still cheered for him and was happy when he contributed to the team.

11. TheJet

TheJet Member

I really think that's all this is. And I get that, I really do. And I'm with you 100% on your Kobe example. I can't STAND his act. I actually enjoyed watching him fail as a Laker. I'm not proud of it but that's how badly he annoyed me. However as a basketball player you have to respect him. Part of why I hated him so much was because he was so damn good and torched us so often. If he was in Lebron's situation and decided he wanted to come to Houston I'd have swallowed my hate and made myself root for him. It's what's best for the team, not what's best for me.

12. solid

solid Contributing Member

The Rockets would be very hard to beat or would they? What about the bench and the supporting cast? All our "eggs" (money) in one basket. Our starters would have to play the whole game.

13. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Incredibly stupid. That's like a LOF crying "I'm tired of ppl complaining about Jeremy Lin. If you don't like him don't come here!!!!". Lmao. Ok buddy, not sure who died and promoted you patrolman of the site. But you come across lame

Even stupider. Raped somebody? When was Kobe convicted? How much jail time did Ray Lewis do when he committed murder? LOL. The ignorance in this post is laughable. Bringing up imaginery scenarios just to justify Lebron coming here says alot about your maturity level. Nobody says Lebron's a bad guy. We just don't his diva azz playing for us. Nothing personal. Just not a fan of attention whores. I'm sure you relate to him:rolleyes:

14. Panda23

Panda23 Member

This team doesn't get catapulted to bonafide championship contender with Lin.

It does with Lebron, thats all there is to it, you're a fool if you wouldn't want the best player in the world on the Rockets

15. TheresTheDagger

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Clippers and Rockets are now being mentioned as serious suitors for LeBron James, writes <a href="https://twitter.com/YannisNBA">@YannisNBA</a>. Details: <a href="http://t.co/KNxGjYmR5W">http://t.co/KNxGjYmR5W</a></p>&mdash; Alex Kennedy (@AlexKennedyNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/statuses/479747910377033728">June 19, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Why do we have to like the best player in the world? Why? Just why? I literally don't understand. Melo, Love, Bosh, or heck even Lowry+Millsap would put us as there as title favorites IMO. We're very close but IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE THROUGH LEBRON. WE could easily beat any of his potential destinations with any of the aforementioned players.

17. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Did you follow him in Orlando? He had a ugly spat with SVG that eventually got outta hand, and lead to him being traded. The fans turned on him and he wanted out. Similar to LA. Lebron's last year in Cleveland he faked a elbow injury that apparently resulted in him not showing up against Boston (Only in 4th quarters:rolleyes:). A phantom injury that replays showed absolutely no contact. That's the type of player you want? I don't want him. I'd rather have Lowry, Ariza & Zbo on my team. Atleast we know a sore elbow won't slow them down

18. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Man, $hit just got real.

19. treyk3

treyk3 Member

LOL Alex Kennedy is not reliable and the article literally just quoted to Bill Simmons' tweet and Sam Amick's Dwight article.

20. OremLK

OremLK Member

Aside from the small matter of being hands down the best overall player in the NBA, LeBron also perfectly addresses our defensive needs. I don't understand why anybody would not want him. This team + LeBron = Dynasty.