1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So I guess I'm the only one that doesn't want LeBron here?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htwnbandit, Jun 18, 2014.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

We traded for Charles. The guy that pushed Dream down out of frustration and most people(I wasn't) were happy about it.

2. Mr. Space City

sure could have.

1 person likes this.
  3. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

would rather Durant

4. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

We're all Rockets fans, and we all want to win a championship, so there's no need to trade insults - both sides have valid points.

If you are just about "winning is everything", then having the best baller in the world join the Rockets is a no-brainer.

But at what cost? We'd just be the Heat Redux. Superfriends v2.0. The headlines wouldn't be "Rockets return to glory after 20-year hiatus", it would be "Lebron and Co. wins again". Championships would be expected every season. If we didn't deliver, we'd be seen as failures. If we did, well we just did what was expected. I guess some fans can live with that, others can't. Maybe it's the difference between old-school and new-school.

Would it be good to win a championship? Yes.

Would it diminish the value if the team was led by Lebron? Yes.

2 people like this.
  5. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

[​IMG]

6. Franchize

Franchize Member

You don't want the best player in the world on your team?

You're delusional.

7. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Lebron isn't coming here, and no i don't want him either.

8. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

LOL NOOOOO

9. meh

meh Contributing Member

No. We'd be following the footsteps of Magic/Kareem/Worthy, Bird/McHale/Parish, Jordan/Pippen/Rodman, Kobe/Gasol/Bynum, Duncan/Parker/Ginobili, Pierce/KG/Allen, and yes... LeBron/Wade/Bosh.

Winning with 3 star players is not an aberration. It happens a lot.

10. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

You sure like to make assumptions and generalize McGrady fans...

I agree with most in this thread, the op is an idiot. Anyone who doesn't want Lebron on their team is a fool! But Tmac is still my all time favorite player and I'm a huge Lebron fan. To say I don't want what's best for the Rockets because I'm a Tmac fan is absurd. I was happy when we finally traded Tmac because he wasn't helping our team and his career was a ticking time bomb at the time.

As usual, you take something that has nothing to do with Tmac and make it all about him. You have an obsession my friend... Get help!

11. Panda23

Panda23 Member

[​IMG]

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's a fact that the OP loves McGrady.
    If he thinks Mcgrady is one of the best decade, then he knows that LeBron is like ten trillion times better. Like almost infinitely better than McGrady. Like LeBron is King, and McGrady would be the Hodor dude in Game of Thrones.
    So why would he not want LeBron?

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LeBron is so good that I'd trade Jeremy Lin for LeBron's headband.

14. TheJet

TheJet Member

First off, classy response. And you say I'm the one that sucks.

Secondly, if Jordan had wanted to come to the Rockets when his contract was up you're telling me you would have been mad? You wouldn't have enjoyed winning more rings? You'd have been satisfied with losing in the playoffs because you didn't want a free agent?

So what about Clyde? Is it OK that he did the same thing just because he's a local guy?

Or is this simply about getting players you don't like? I hated Stockton, Ewing and a few other clear superstars back in the day. And yes, I would have been ticked off had we traded for them. But they would still have been Rockets. And I'd still have pulled for them to win. Sound familiar? This is the Lin argument.

Listen, I get that people want to win with home grown talent. I get that these FA hired guns that take mercenary roles on teams just to win rings bothers some people. Seriously, I understand. But the VAST majority of fans want to win. Winning solves everything. I'd bet a steak dinner than the same person who just can't stomach the thought of Lebron as a Rocket would be celebrating a title just like the rest of the city.

Would it be a tainted victory? That's subjective. Were Miami's back to back titles tainted? How about Miami's first title? They got Shaq to pair with Wade. Tainted? Since the 90s has a single champ won without getting significant help via trade or FA? How is this that much different?

1 person likes this.
  15. TheJet

TheJet Member

I hate to break it to you but it's already this way. We didn't make the finals last year and that was a failure to some fans. I think that's ridiculous.

However, had we had won it all last year does it diminish the value because we had a first year superstar on our team? How about the year prior? People are acting like Howard and Harden are home town guys.

Then again you may have a point. I distinctly remember reading posts like, "We don't need Harden" where the poster truly believed a team of good role players was much better off than one lead by an all star. I guess those people are OK with missing the playoffs every year as long as the team wasn't compromising their values. But wait, wasn't Lowry acquired in a trade? Battier? See what I mean? Where do we draw the line?

I do understand the sentiment here. Great players wanting to team up with other great players is definitely new school. But great players wanting to win at all costs is NOT something new. How many old school greats got coaches fired? How many of them demanded trades for better players? They may not have threatened to leave their teams (although some did) but they used their star power to improve their chances to win. This is just another evolution of that.

16. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

You can't be afraid to fail or you will never succeed!

17. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

quoted the wrong person derp

18. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

LOL if you can get the best, you go for it and sort it out later. That's how things typically work in the NBA.

19. Lando19

Lando19 Member

So you don't want Lebron huh. Go ahead & refrain from ever posting here again