1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So I guess I'm the only one that doesn't want LeBron here?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htwnbandit, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I'm 22 so I guess that plays a part haha

2. TheJet

TheJet Member

"Not to be a republican at twenty is proof of want of heart; to be one at thirty is proof of want of head."

-Francois Guisot

Although Churchill had a better version:

“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.”

3. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

ngaf.

4. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Um, media hype will follow every star player that's become elite. But I don't think any of them would hold hour long press conferences just to tell the world they're "taking their talents to South Beach". Maybe fans like you love that type of stuff. Maybe you feed into stuff like that. Simply not my cup of tea

5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

And he admittedly has said that it was the biggest mistake of his life to have that show. I guess some fans just don't care to move on, and embrace greatness. That's simply not MY cup of tea.

6. dragician

dragician Member

here's some more people of your kind:

[​IMG]

7. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

2 types of basketball fans:

Those who want LeBron James to play for their team and liars.

8. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Neither is quitting, like he did his last year in Cleveland. Does he regret that too? I'm sure a phantom elbow injury isn't enough to hold back the "King". No?

9. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

False. Quite the opposite....

Should we land him, we will get more hip uniforms and color combos so he can match his kicks and increase sales-- thus helping our style!

Also-- For the record.....you are def in the minority of those who don't want Lebron, OP.

Best Player in the League? Check.
    Get to the rim and score at will? Check.
    Extremely Gifter Passer? Check.
    Unbelievable defender? Check.

Ya, the more I think about it.....this is absolutely stupid. Why would we want any of those qualities in a FA acquisition? It's not like we want to go to the NBA Finals or anything... :rolleyes:

10. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

youre not alone OP id hate for him to be here

11. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

A few points:

1.) Lebron is, without a doubt, the best basketball player in the world and conducts himself in a professional way. He joked around a little too much earlier on, but what does that have to do with anything? Literally, nothing.

2.) He isn't a thug. He has never murdered anyone or raped anyone. He has never assaulted anyone. He doesn't have any real negative story about him minus "The Decision." Which, if that still bothers you, go get laid. For a guy who grew up with a single mom in unfavorable conditions, I would say he turned out better than the majority of kids in that situation. By unfavorable conditions, I mean, his mom was 16 when she had him and they were constantly struggling just to eat and Lebron even had to live with a foster family for a little bit. His father figure spent a good amount of time in jail involving fraud and drugs. Uhhh, yeah, he turned out OK.

3.) He has had the same gf since high school and as far as we know, is a loving family man.

4.) He didn't decide to be "the king." His mom did. It's his NAME. Lebron is of African origin meaning,... KING. He just embraced it.

Question: When you're 15 years old and you have cameras on you all of the time and agents telling you that you will be the best player to ever play, how would you handle it?

5.) Anyone who brings up the 80's and the correlation to players not leaving their teams as a free agent is just being ignorant. Look up Tom Chambers in 1988 and what a historical event that was.
    "Tom Chambers, the first unrestricted free agent in NBA history, signed with Phoenix on July 5, 1988 and helped transform the Suns into instant title contenders. "
    We don't hate Mutumbo for leaving Denver and signing with Atlanta? We don't hate Robert Horry for playing for every title favorite to ever exist in the history of the NBA. We do not hate Steve Nash for returning to the team that drafted him. We never talk about Shaq going to the Lakers? The common denominator on all of those FA signings? Each player could not do it by themself. No one could. What are the big differences with these? Oh, because Lebron joined his buddies. Imagine that, going to a team where you have the best chance to win a title. Shame on him. I can understand wanting to take away part of his "legacy" for doing it. But, again, people HATE him for it.

If your argument is that Kobe is better or Jordan is better, that is fine. But, why would that cause anyone to hate the guy?

I really could go on. This post is also not a "Jordan vs Lebron" or Kobe vs Lebron." It's a why do people hate him?

From my perspective, I see a guy who from literally his first game was better than 90% of the NBA. His first game in the NBA EVER was 25 points, 9 assists, 6 rebounds and 4 steals and 2 TOs on 12-of-20. That's at the age of 18, with legitimate NBA guys saying he could be the best EVER. Talk about handling the pressure. From my perspective, I see a guy who keeps himself well composed in interviews. From my perspective, I see a guy who could average 35 points a game, but knows that it's a team game and wants his teammates to succeed -- from day ONE. From my perspective, I see a guy who could play as flashy as anyone to ever do it, but would rather make the right play and do it as efficiently as possible. I remember people saying how bad of a shooter he was,... when just last year, he beat the Spurs in the biggest game any NBA player could play (game 7) with his SHOOTING. That takes such hard work and dedication. That doesn't just happen naturally. So, from what I can see, I see a humble, hard-working, self-sacrificing individual who just wants to win. Not some cocky ******* that people like to worship as their God. I have a hard time finding a reason to hate him.

Sorry if this post seems to be stated "as a matter of fact." Although I tried my best to use historical data and facts to make my point on some of these, these are really just my opinions and if you want to try and "attack" me for it, go ahead, I'll just pass on the opportunity to get in some "argument."

1 person likes this.
  12. LHSPanther62

LHSPanther62 Member

I love the fact that the Rockets are still considered an up and coming underdog team.. One thing about acquiring lebron is having to deal with all the fake bandwagon fans that will accompany him. That is something I don't think I could bare

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

No need, no new ground was broken, but thanks for the A+ effort.

14. secund2nun

secund2nun Member

Repeating myths doesn't make it true. Lebron averaged like 28-8-7 against a great Boston team that year while being swarmed each time he had the ball and shut down Pierce on D and nearly had a 30-20-10 game in 6...you know the game after he "quit" in game 5. To compound this further, Rondo and KG had monster series and every other players on the Cavs aside from Lebron had terrible offensive and defensive series.

But yes Lebron quit. I read it on a message board lol

15. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

I'd personally take KD over Lebron. The whole "undeniably best player in the world" comment is debatable. KD's the MVP this year

I don't think this is hate. I just don't want him on this team. Any player that hops from team to team to find the easiest path for championships is not someone I want. No hate. If Lebron jumps ship again, just don't let it be here. Go elsewhere

16. secund2nun

secund2nun Member

You are letting your hate for one player get in the way of your love for the team.

Do you really hate Lebron more than you love the Rockets? That is the question you have to answer.

17. TheJet

TheJet Member

It may not be hate, but it's clear your dislike of the guy has surpassed what you think of him as a basketball player.

And you never answered my question about Howard. There was mega drama around Dwight jumping to and from L.A. Were you this adamant about him coming to Houston?

And if KD jumps ship to come win in Houston will you dislike him too? Because that's what Lebron did when he left Cleveland for Miami.

18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I never from the beginning I let it know, the hate for lebron. He's never done anything bad to warrant this just not being a laker. Reminds me of tmac no love Cali kobe media nut gobbling

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

It looks like if you're a good player but don't reside in Cali you will get hated on since the media is mostly from there. I'm talking about Kd, westbrook, wade, lebron, tmac. But if you're curry or cp3 it's the opposite

20. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

dumping the LOFs for LOFs lol... what could go wrong there :rolleyes: