1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So I guess I'm the only one that doesn't want LeBron here?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htwnbandit, Jun 18, 2014.

1. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Robert Parish was drafted by the Warriors. He was traded to Boston following his 4th season in Golden State.

2. jacoby

jacoby Member

As opposed to what? Getting bounced in the first round by an inferior team again?

3. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

So you want...JSmoove? Lol

4. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

I've been watching through the 41-41 years thinking every year maybe we should just tank, bu we've made good picks, good trades, and hit gold with Harden. I still don't understand why they would make that move at that time, but whatever. Then thank you Chandler Parsons for getting us Dwight, I hope he's here for the glory if we do score Lebron. It's not like Howard, Harden, and James ever thought it could be possible. The Lebron to Miami thing, that was bad for basketball. Just James okay and maybe Allen, okay, but not Bosh too. That's why I rooted against the Heat. LeBron was arrogant as a kid being so good, doing the whole "I'm taking my talents to South Beach" TV special Thing". I know he regrets that now. He's more humble now. If out of all 30 NBA cities he chooses Houston to be go down in history on par with Jordan, it would be an honor.

5. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Yes you are.

6. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

In regards to "The Decision", I only just saw that the ad revenue from it ($6 million) was donated by ESPN to charity... maybe this was part of why Lebron agreed to doing it?

7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

The thing that's laughable, is how you bring up points and then argue against them as if I said those things. Stop assuming what people are thinking it will save you a lot of typing. I never said anything about the Golden Era, never said anything about the 80's or 90's, Never said anything about the Lakers/Celtics that's actually something I don't want to happen which is why I said what I said in the first place.

8. HPD

HPD Member

Feeling we gonna be upset no big signing......

9. TexasStake

TexasStake Member

I kind of agree with OP. How would you fans react to a Stockton/Malone trade back in 1997? Back then the fans had loyalty to their clubs and would not want to win a ring that way. These are the same fans that screamed and critisized LBJ when he joined forces with 2 other top 10 players in the league to create an imbalance in a week Eastern conference.

Why do we support players who do this? It takes competitiveness out of the league. Winning a championship with an overloaded roster with talent who will ONLY play with players slightly below their talent level is not the way you want your team to win.

10. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Man you're too generous. So you'd rather have some other team snatch up Lebron.

Players like Lebron doesn't come along often. If you get a shot at landing him, you do whatever it takes to get him.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

To the OP, yes.

12. ThaShark316_28

I would have been ecstatic to get Malone or Stockton back then.

13. YallMean

YallMean Member

OP is sadistic by nature.

14. TISNF

TISNF Member

If the Lin fans were bad, the hatred aimed at those "bandwagon Rockets fans" will be far worse with LeBron. From a talent perspective you want him no question. But not from a longtime Rockets fan mindset.

15. YallMean

YallMean Member

I like to hear the mindset of a longtime Rockets fan.

16. Zergling

Zergling Member

I'd like LeBron just for the fact that we could actually WATCH Rockets games. Like on an actual television without illegal streams being involved! At least 25% of our games would be on national TV if we got him.