1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So I am in quite an awkward situation...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by WinorLoseMate, Apr 3, 2011.

1. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

So I found a new job about four months ago and didn't know many new people at work. My first week this guy came up to me and introduced me to all his friends who have been working the same job as I went in for (Croupier).
    But now this guy has become increasingly touchy-feely.

Now I wasn't sure if he was a gay or not because I had not even thought about it until the other night when he went out for drinks with his friends. I got many texts about how he thought I was 'sexy' and such a nice guy and that he really liked me. I didn't even know how to reply to this so I just said thanks. I am fairly certain now that he is interested in me and he is a gay, but I'm not. I don't know if its any indication of sexual preference these days but I do have my left ear pierced so that should give a signal that I'm not gay. He hasn't openly admitted if he is gay or straight so I assume no one has ever asked him, and I am afraid of that also.

The situation has gotten really awkward at work for me and I've thoguht about just avoiding him, but that would be immature of me right? How should I handle the situation?

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Oh man, sorry about that. I'll ease up on you.

(that earing is nice by the way)

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

Next time he asks you to go out with the buddies, just say you have a date with your GF.

Or slip that in to your conversations somehow.

"Hey WLM, how are you today?"
    "Good, I just ****ed my gf this morning"

4. Egghead

Egghead Member

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6JBXCT6en38" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2 people like this.
  5. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Probably the best idea.

6. Landlord Landry

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  7. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Have you tried telling him you are not gay? Why is this such a difficult situation?

8. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Its probably the earring that makes him think you are. Ditch that thing and tell him, "I don't swing that way cuz!" :p

Either that or bring up a woman next time you converse.

BTW When I did put the tongue face smiley above, it was to show I was joking and nothing more. You see, you see how I made it clear just there?

9. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

"We're not gay. But we are willing to learn."

[​IMG]

Seriously. Just tell him you're not gay, or mention your 'girlfriend'.

3 people like this.
  10. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

If he is your superior, just grin and bear it. If he is your equal, contact HR. If he is your underling, call him a *** at company karaoke night for choosing Candle in the Wind.

1 person likes this.
  11. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Talk about the nice t*tties that one chick that came in had (assuming a chick has come in with nice t*tties).

12. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

Alright it's more like I know what I need to do, but I'm too chicken **** to do it.

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

What are you more afraid of, letting the guy know that you are not gay...or dropping the soap?

Should be an easy decision!

14. spydermex

spydermex Member

like yao said: eat the head.

15. lean

lean Member

Just see if he'll give you a handy in the men's room, then you'll know for sure.

16. super_mario

super_mario Member

If anyone, male or female, is being "touchy feely" with you and it makes you uncomfortable then you should let them know.

17. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Stop leading him on.

18. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

that was your opportunity to nip it in the bud and instead you said "thanks". instead of closing the door on further advances you just kicked it wide open. (why did he have your #?)

it certainly doesnt help your case.:grin: for the record, this might be the greatest line i have ever read in clutchfans!

ill tell you how to not handle the situation - when a guy texts you and tells you that you are sexy do not say "thanks".

seriously though, next time he is touchy feely just push him off and say he is creeping you out - you have a right to you personal space and if he is over the line you need to tell him. you dont have to be afraid - you arent gay and you dont like gay dudes hitting on you - simple as that.

dont go out of your way to avoid him, but dont be friendly towards him either - just stop talking to him. if he keeps hitting on you tell him he is creeping you out and he needs to chill. if he texts you again text him back that he is creeping you and and he needs to chill.

19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As other posters said mention a GF and see if that stops. If he keeps on texting you about how he thinks you are sexy that is sexual harassment and it doesn't matter if he is an equal, subordinate or superior you should report him to HR.

20. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Just seeing if my new sig works.