1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So how do we stop Lamarcus Aldridge and the Blazers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Chuck_Ferrari, Sep 22, 2014.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I send a tape to the NBA and show, in slowmo, LMA putting his forearm in the chest of his defender before taking his "unstoppable" jump shot. That was egregious on the part of the refs and even more-so on the part of the Rockets for doing nothing about it.

2. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

Those of you saying you're not worried about the Blazers should be.

3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

This. They shot well, our best player shot like crap and I don't believe either is the likely outcome in the long run.

Not as optimistic as 9/10, but I think we win that series 7/10 times. Sucks that was one of those 3 where things go right for the blazers.

4. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Also Splitters coach is Greg Popovich lol

5. RedHotRockets01

We need to play as a team. Harden played like ish for 5 games. Chandler scored 2 mfing points in the 2nd half of game 6. Dwight went off but he couldn't stop 2 7 footers solo. Asik couldn't score if his life depended on it. We pretty much handed them the series! I think this year will be better. Not championship caliber but definitely not too far behind!

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Some really improbable things happened in that series in favor of the Blazers.

I feel really confident if we play them again this postseason.

7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I'm hopeful that our coaching ---decisions/adjustments and defense all improve even just a bit. If so, we beat this team again in the playoffs.

8. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Or we could have shot the league average from 3, which would've included Harden hitting more. You can't affect Aldridge hitting a tough shot, you can't affect how ****ty the refs are, you can affect hitting your shots.

Stop blaming others. The team needed to step up and not be complete garbage from 3, that didn't happen. If you're going to lead the league in 3s attempted, you might wanna make a respectable amount.

#48 HeWhoIsLunchbox, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  9. JazzLakerHater

What made that series so frustrating is the fact that it seemed like Portland was hitting some truly ridiculous shots. I mean when guys like Lillard and Aldridge beat you (which they did), you just tip your cap to them. But guys like Matthews and Batum were just making some absurdly tough shots. And add in the Harden and Lin meltdowns... Ugh ... So frustrating.

10. dje243

dje243 Member

I really think DMO is the answer defensively. He is buying into what the coaches are telling him to work on. Let's see if TJones does the same. If not... I think DMO starts.

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I don't think I can handle watching another series with Portland. Lamarcus Aldridge shoving his forearm into Omer and Dwight and getting free trips to the line was absurd. Wesley Matthews running the length of the court after obvious foul calls on him was also annoying.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think he's the answer, but indirectly. DMo should be on Lopez while Dwight is on LMA. The reason it works is because they can switch without a problem and he has the size to deal with either player while being able to help with rebounds.

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I agree, but Portland was served a giant slice of humble pie in the 2nd round, so at least there's that.

Maybe losing to them was a benefit, because it will keep the front office honest in terms of upgrading our defense and grit.

14. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

We Dorsey him. Dorsey is going to bang him up. Dmo is then going to throw some offence to make him play D.

15. PrawnJ

PrawnJ Member

If you think about it, who is supposed to block out lopez when howard rotates over on defense? Yep, Chandler Parsons.

We all know that Ariza is a better rebounder than Parsons so hopefully we will matchup even better compared to last year.

16. rockettes

rockettes Rookie

too much respect for the overrated blazers
    so that's the goal for the season?
    to beat the blazers in a series?

17. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Replace the head coach.

18. MSBRockets

MSBRockets Member

We have to play more team oriented on offense. Our offense was either:

1) Harden iso
    2) Dwight post up
    3) Pick and Roll (usually Dwight and Harden)

Sure the other guys ran cuts and we aimed to "move the ball," but our offense gets stagnant because we really too much on two players. Lets those players make plays after our offense has gotten out of rhythm, rather than at the start. However, we do need the coach to implement that type of system, and from everything I've seen.. McHale isn't the guy.

19. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

Just look at what Spurs did to him in the playoff. Mchale is the problem.

20. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Dwight has no consistent jumpshot then a few lucky 3s in his entire career. You have the roles reversed!!!