1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So how about that culture change

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jiggyfly, Mar 21, 2021.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What trolls?

Who is trolling?

3. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Lol. A lot of talented individuals have quit wanting to be involved with professional sports in Houston:
    Mike D’Antoni
    Westbrook
    Morey
    Harden
    JJ Watt
    Jamey Roots
    Demarcus Cousins

Have all asked out because the Houston teams were not a winning situation. It speaks more about the state of the teams than the individuals who left.

D-rock and vlaurelio like this.
  4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

@Salvy how much in gift cards does tilman pay you that his dick so way up in your ass?

D-rock likes this.
  6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

7. Salvy

Salvy Member

It's mainly that Harden quitting has been ignored and not taken into consideration for the situation we are in. We aren't where we are at because Houston felt like going in a new and better direction by trading Harden. Its that Harden asked to leave and was toxic until he got what he wanted. Sure, it was not an ideal situation. He was not going to have chance for success with this group but this group is what we ended up with after years and years of Morey and MDA.. So instead of talking about how they screwed us, and they all did.... I keep seeing these, recurring statements of mockery towards some that have a better grasp of how it played out. As if Rockets plan all along was to have this team out on the floor and actually put together the worst team of all time. No, years and years of moves by Morey is what landed us the team we have. Stone is merely trying to tear it all down and rebuild it.

8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Wut?

There have at least 10 threads on it and everybody knows it's why we are the way we are.

You just want everybody to **** on Harden as some kind of penance when none of that makes this team better.

Your entire post is deflection from anything that is not hating on Harden, the original sin was Tillman going for LTS and not offering a legit contract for MDA as well as forcing the Westbrook trade after we cooled off on it.

But hey lets just **** on Harden.:rolleyes:

D-rock and YOLO like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

That's all pro bono.

vlaurelio likes this.
  11. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

What did he quit on though? Did he quit on the city of Houston? No. Did he quit on the fans? No. Did he quit on the history of the Rockets franchise? No. He quit on your dad and all his bullshit, Pat.

D-rock and vlaurelio like this.
  12. Salvy

Salvy Member

Wait whaaaaa, Harden did not quit on The Rockets who currently are Houston's team... Thanks for clearing it up, Harden did not quit..... I was confused... My apologies...

13. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

If you put your fraternal bias to the side for a second and gain the ability to recognize nuance like the rest of us then maybe you'll understand that it's not such a simple dichotomy. It's not just quit or not quit. Why he quit is a big deal and in my and many others' eyes he was very justified in doing so. If he was the only one to bail on the Rockets, sure maybe I'd be more bitter. But as another poster listed out and you've conveniently ignored, he was just one of many many well established and respected people who left this franchise because they'd had enough of the BS dripping from up top. And the worst part of it was that almost all of them were sad to go. Most of them wanted to stay and make it work in Houston but they recognized that this isn't the same Houston Rockets from a few years ago. The logo is the same, the building is the same, but the very heart of the franchise, the thing that makes everything tick, is different and it's rotten.

jiggyfly likes this.
  14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

You use to average like 10 posts an hour
    Now. . . not so much

Rocket River

15. bmelo

bmelo Member

Change still in płace and it will take a while. Next draft and succesful coach will determine rockets idenity

16. Salvy

Salvy Member

Are you willing to live with that opinion long term? I've said before everyone is to blame and not just one side. I feel like there were 4 men who put us in this position. Morey, Harden, MDA and Tilman... Its not like I have not been critical of Tilman before. Its the blatant refusal by some to blame all four. You just justified three of those men's actions. Its fine I guess right? Tilman sucks as an owner so its ok to leave and or quit. Yeah, MDA and Morey jumping ship had nothing to do with several playoff eliminations and having absolutely nowhere to go from here. I guess this is how the story ends, Morey alongside MDA and Harden ride off into the sunset as heroes who just couldn't with the politics of the rotten corporation that Tilman is. Yet the team we love struggles to win a single game in months so lets just continue to celebrate those who left our team to die.

17. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

We’ve got Tate for 2 more years; Wood for 2 more year; KPJ for 2 more years; KMJ for 3 more years. Keep them together, develop them, I mean really invest in development; add draft picks (hopefully a franchise player); keep a couple good vets like Nwaba and DJ....you will see a winning culture. PATIENCE!

chadyang likes this.
  18. Le$$

Le$$ Member