1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So happy for Kubiak and Phillips!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by deb4rockets, Jan 24, 2016.

1. mick fry

mick fry Member

Ware, Miller, Phillips and Kubes, The Texas Connection!

2. Drew_Le

Drew_Le Member

Congrats to them!

But in all seriousness, Kubiak is not a great coach. Look at Denver's production offensively. They look exactly like the Texans did back in the day - great first, scripted drive followed by an impotent next 3 quarters.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So long and goodnight, Texans!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Congrats to Kubes and Wade. I think the firing made Kubiak a better coach. He learned a lot from Harbaugh in Baltimore according to him.

He still has the same philosophy which drives me crazy, but it worked this year and he has his 4th SB ring, while we haven't even sniffed one.

Happy for our former players as well and the Texans on the Broncos. My wife is a Broncs fan so maybe I'll get lucky tonight.

I'm also happy for Peyton. Hated and respected him on the Colts, but he is an ambassador of the game and its nice to see him finish this terrible personal season on a high note.

5. conquistador#11

so kubiak is responsible for 8's arm getting eaten but doesn't get credit for making the right moves in denver? with his gut telling him to bring in manning instead of brock in the san diego game?
    Loyalty was kubiak's downfall. he is like the jon snow of coaching. kollar put aside O'brian's offer to stay here and joined the kids in denver.

1 person likes this.
  6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Owen Daniels gets a ring too..

DD

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Helena

8. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I don't think Kubiak would've won a championship here. He needed to learn from his mistakes in his first stint, much like how Belichick had to learn from his failure in Cleveland.

9. Nimo

Nimo Member

At least Courtland Finnegan didn't.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Glad asschin cut him. I mean, who needs productive tight ends?

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

What's your point? I'm not talking about deciding on a guiding philosophy, I'm talking about a continued inability to execute when it matters most. When kubes and wade were here, with a stout defense and mediocre QB play we got our asses handed to us routinely.

At what point does this team drop the deer in the headlights routine? Regardless of whom our coach is we still let the biggest moments

13. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Or jared allen, F him til def...

14. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Very happy for him, Wade Philips, Daniels, Keo, Antonio Smith, etc.

I hope Arian Foster joins them next season

15. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

That's more on the offensive personnel than on the the head coach. Peyton has never been a play action, move out of the pocket passer - which is Kubiak's bread n' butter. At 39, with injuries, he's even less likely. I dont recall very many play action passes called in the game.

It was their Defense that got them there. Peyton knows he's done. His passes have no zip to them, arm strength is nowhere near where it has been last couple of years, but he played within in his abilities, didnt leave points on the table, and relied on the defense to carry them.

I wouldn't surprised if Denver has one of the more elite offenses next year.

16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Me too he just needs to get out of Houston. Fans be worried about his character stupid crap... go to a franchise that serious about winning a ball out. Plus Denver won't ride you work load wise like your the next coming of Earl Campbell.

17. mick fry

mick fry Member

This after Daniels practically begged to stay. Yep total incompetence!

18. conquistador#11

that has nothing to do with the franchise.
    foster is a running back of course he is going to get ridden. it was kubiak that had tate in the doghouse for a couple of fumbles that 2012 season, thus not allowing tate to get more carries. you can't blame the franchise for not getting a qb these past 2 years. the head coach is always in charge of the roster spots. ours thought hoyett and fitzie were better options. that's one man not the franchise.

19. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

but Wade is a great coach.

Can you remember before Wade showed up? The biggest Kubiak complaint was that the Texans failed to score on their first drive. Back in those days, the Texans were losing higher scoring affairs, but might not have if only they scored on their first drive.

20. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Very happy for both of these guys because both are very classy and deserve it. But this doesn't make me think any less of the Texans than I already do. ANY coach should be fired after a 2-14 season.

I was a little surprised that BOB didn't really consider keeping Wade, but most new coaches want a fresh start. And again....when you go 2-14, it really is time to clean house.