1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So, Eric Gordon is bad.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LorneMalvo, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

No, I watched it all. I did not see anyone suck him off, aka give him a BJ and I did not see anyone "blow him."

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Not having fun during covid

3. riko

riko Member

Just stop

jcf and DVauthrin like this.
  4. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

I think he's on a decent contract, he's always been a streaky shooter. He was pretty often injured last year unfortunately but he did show up in the playoffs. We had a better shot when Westbrook wasn't on the floor and when he came back he disrupted any sort of offensive flow the Rockets had.

EG was definitely not the reason why we lost.

crenshaw, DreamShook and roslolian like this.
  5. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Eric Gordon is a good player at a Great contract! I just don't understand people's hate for him. He is still an awesome player to have in our arsenal. The problem is we need length at the 3. With Harden and Westbrook both making 40 a piece we have no other trade option. I wouldn't mind getting rid of Westbrook but that probably also entails getting rid of Harden. Obviously Harden does not want Westbrook traded.
    Right now the only way we upgrade is by trading gordon. It isn't something that I'd exactly like to do but at this point I don't think the Rockets have a choice.

6. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Shamone!

[​IMG]

RocketRed84 and D-rock like this.
  7. RoxFanfrom93

RoxFanfrom93 Member

8. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

D-rock, HP3 and RocketRed84 like this.
  9. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Eric Gordon seems to always play well in the bigger games and he's unique in that he wasn't a liability as a 6'3" G/SF in our switching defense. He has elite range, but has been inconsistent and seemingly on decline the last few years. The problem I believe "Stones" is having is that he hasn't really found any value in trading him. Thus we may be stuck unless something interesting bubbles to the surface.

Although 31 now, he's still a solid 6th-7th man off our bench and may stay healthier in that role versus starting as a SF. If we start the season like this...

Starters
    Wood - 5
    Tucker - 4
    House - 3
    Harden - 2
    Westbrook - 1

Bench
    Gordon
    *Cousins
    Caboclo
    Nwaba
    Brown
    McLemore
    Wooten
    M. Jones
    Clemmons

We're pretty small off the bench until Boogie can play, unless Caboclo takes a step forward or Wooten climbs the charts our bench is a bunch of guards. Gordon and McLemore are the only real shooters, unless someone like Mason Jones can contribute as both a ball-handler and scorer.

So we need another PF/C and PG to start the season, but very little collateral to negotiate a deal. The team's got talent, just not much proven depth or skill diversity. If Cousins can play soon and contribute 20+ minutes of Boogie Ball, that would be huge. Maybe Bruno get's some minutes early on and we see if he can take advantage of them.

If all that happens, having Gordon stay may not be such a bad thing and maybe he'll be healthier this year.

D-rock likes this.
  10. Spooner

Spooner Member

11. D-rock

D-rock Member