1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So can we all agree that OKC won the Harden trade???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, May 24, 2016.

1. Fantasma Negro

Rockets won the trade, Presti is just a better gm and knows how to better assemble talent to compliment his players better than Morey does

2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

OKC got Harden's diva no d playing ass off their roster - so that was a win for them....

The big loser in the deal was probably the titty bars in OKC... the revenue they musta lost out on not having James there for the majority of the year...

3. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Presti couldn't pay for 3 stars? He ended up giving out that 3rd max contract anyway. He just gave it to Kanter instead of giving it to a star.

4. dje243

dje243 Member

When OKC had only one star to rely on... they missed the playoffs.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This.

6. Bigsupervise

Bigsupervise Member

Lead by Dwight and James houston was in the wcf last year, the real lesson is to stop getting rid of talent like lin, Parsons, ppat, asik etc...and for fans and dumb ass bloggers from saying player x is better than player y so we should get rid of x, you need 10 good players not 5

7. photojoe

photojoe Member

Lol. Dude you are hilarious.

You said Donovan was a "brilliant tactician". You said that before he had coached one single game in the NBA.

I didn't say he wouldn't be a good coach. All I said was he needed more time in the NBA before we started making declarations like that. Guys like Calipari and Pitino and many others were extremely successful in college and then not at all in the NBA. It looks Donovan isn't going to be one of those guys and he has made some really smart moves in these playoffs. But of course having Westbrook and Durant really helps to make any coach look better.

OKC is obviously a great team and undeniably better than the Rockets. But that doesn't automatically mean they "won" the Harden trade- especially when it's been 4 years and lots of other moves since then. Don't forget that OKC is one win away from making it to the Finals for the first time since 2012.

Which, by the way, was the last time they had Harden.

8. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

agree
    + jackson and Ibaka were drafted with a 20+ pick
    Adams with the 12
    and I have read some where they have had a committed with Porzingis (in 2014, finally Porzingis pass that year)

9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Do you even read? I said OKC definitely did not win the trade.

I just question your coaching foresight. Any Tom, Dick and Harry can say "oh that's a good coach" once the results are out. You were acting antagonistically towards me when I said Donovan is a top coach and brilliant tactician like you knew any better. Turns out you didn't. You're like those folks who thought McFail was a great coach too LMAO

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yet had a better record than 41-41.

DD

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

This thread is basically asking "So, we're all r****ded, right?"

Only a complete moron would think that OKC "won" the most one sided trade in NBA history. Imagine the dynasty they'd have if they didn't have a cheapskate owner.

12. photojoe

photojoe Member

I responded to you for a coach and then I responded to the thread as a whole. And, like I said then and like I'm saying now, I never said that Donovan wasn't a good coach and I never said that he wouldn't be a good coach. All I said was that we didn't know what he would be yet because it is obvious looking at other coaches that were great in college doesn't always translate to great coaches in the NBA.

You brought up McHale again. Do I think he's a good coach? No not really. But he was successful during his stay in Houston. Highest winning percentage of any coach we ever had. Brought our team to the WCF for the first time since 1997. You call him McFail and say he's this terrible coach, but he had good results? Isn't that enough to prove that how good a coach is can depend a lot on the talent he has to work with? And Donovan has a pretty stacked team to work with.

I would much rather have Donovan than McHale. Or definitely D'Antoni.

Also, I didn't mean to come across as antagonistic. All part of the discussion/debate

13. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Ah so the team that had three top picks, trades away one for peanuts, and then years after the trade finally makes it back to the WCF won that trade? Got it.

You have Durant and Westbrook. If you don't get this far year after year you're doing something wrong. Meanwhile, the Rockets sans Dwight for a good portion of the season last year got almost as far. But you're right, OKC definitely won that trade.

14. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Thank you!

15. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Remember, swyyyguy is a Mavs fan. So why he continues to post here :confused:, nobody knows.

16. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

You can criticize him over Perkins, but when having Durant and Westbrook and no hindsight... There's no way that you can clearly say that keeping your bigs over Harden was the wrong choice. In fact, it's more likely the obvious choice.

17. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Obviously the wrong choice.

18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

If Beverley didn't take out WB in 2013, they would've made it back to at least the WCF.

In 2014 Ibaka got hurt.

In 2015 Durant got hurt.

19. SaintGermain

SaintGermain Member

This just in. Players actually get injured. In other news, Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead.

#60 SaintGermain, May 25, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2019
  20. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Ok... :rolleyes: