1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

so, any word on how francis looks?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fromobile, Oct 8, 2007.

1. markus4040

markus4040 Member

Looked good on that dunk

2. Barkley

Barkley Member

Oh my God. I still cannot belive he made it. Now I really want to see him playin' a lot of minutes against Panathinaikos

3. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

How can you guys say he struggled out there when he barley played. Only bad part was his 2 TOs. He did what coach wants, move the ball around and cut/slash. He even passed up an easy dunk to give it to Luther Head. He didn't play enough to tell if he was struggling or played well.

4. liangqj

liangqj Member

Rockets extremely need springman.

5. Adelman

Adelman Member

People think he struggled because he didnt even shoot. was it 0-0?

6. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

What did he play 5 minutes tops?

I have a feeling we will see more Stevie on Thursday. Maybe less MJ and Rafer and add a little AB mix in to see what he can do.

That dunk was timed perfectly and he really got up there. Shame the ref called it a foul!

7. conquistador#11

Morey was just on the radio(SR610). He said that Steve's knee 'tightened' up on him. =/

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I didn't see any of that. And his decision to pass the ball to Luther Head was the wrong one. He's just a bad decision maker on fast breaks.

9. Barkley

Barkley Member

Hopefully he's ok...

10. H-town_playa2k2

Hopefully he's just pissed that adleman didnt play him and hes trying to send a message his way. Cause Im pretty sure alot fans were wating to see Steve play yesterday.

just wishful thinking ;)

11. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

why didn't that dunk count last night? i missed it. i hope he wasn't called for a loose ball foul cause that looked pretty clean to me.

12. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Was his dribbling the ball like the old days? No. Every time he got the ball, he passed it and then proceeded to move without the ball. He didn't look for his shot at all whenever he touched the ball. He played within the offense even though it was very limited time.

13. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I'm sure he meant he didn't play much that game because his knee tightened up on him, probably after that dunk.

14. conquistador#11

15. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

seems like whenever francis doesn't get playing time he gets "injured". :rolleyes:

16. tchenps

tchenps Member

If I remember correctly, he looked out of sync on the offense while the rest of the teamates had no trouble putting up points. At one point, I felt his teamates were trying so hard to create shot opportunities for him.

17. MoJoV3

MoJoV3 Member

Yall are blowing this way out of proportion. First of all, he didn't play that long. I'm also pretty sure he he wasn't "mad" because of his playing time....It was already known that some players weren't going to get that much playing time, some of them, none at all.

It was the FIRST pre-season game.

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

well, i didn't see the game but the athleticism is obviously there. we'll see, he's gonna have to concentrate on his spot up jump shot, which actually seemed to improve a little in ny. i told you guys he doesn't dribble a lot. the two turnovers in five minutes are disturbing but i didn't see the game.

19. Pringles

Pringles Member

the 2 turnovers were because he was rust imo. one of the turnover happened, when he got the rebound, dribbled up court, but a big guy, poked the ball from behind him. he won't do that in the season, just think he needs to get used to more.

20. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

actually it's not out of proportion. theres a reason he didn't play that long. in just 5 minutes he had 2 turnovers and looked like a deer in headlights. i'm willing to bet he'll get significantly less minutes than rafer, james, bonzi, and even head. he may not even break the rotation. he'll probably be the kirk snyder of last year's team, getting on the court once in a blue moon.