1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[sneaker heads] Name some of your prized possessions!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LCAhmed, Aug 14, 2013.

1. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Hey guys, I recently started looking up some sneakers that I've always wanted but could never afford and actually noticed a couple pairs I own aren't as common as I thought. Anyway, I thought it'd be cool to compare some of the rarer shoes we have in our collections.

I have a pair of:

Son of Mars Bordeaux
    Jordan XIV Black, Red, Yellow accent (Re-Release)
    LeBron Soldier VI Iguana
    Li Ning BD Doom LA Dodgers

I am looking forward to adding some rarer shoes to my collection (hard enough as it is wearing a size 15).

I am interested in what rare shoes my fellow CFers got, so let's hear it!

2. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

Ive got some Carolina blue 5s still DS.
    Aqua 8s
    House of hoops exclusive Foamposites
    Burgundy 13s
    anniversary 1s
    Galaxy dunks

I would of had a lot more but my house got broken into back in 2010 and about 20 pairs of rare jordans were stolen from me

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I only have a pair of
    Adidas Samba Classic indoor soccer whites
    Nike overplay VII white and blue
    Puma Cell Hiro Running Shoes red, gray and black
    Also Adidas COPA MUNDIAL soccer cleats, about 15 years old

Is there really a need to have more than two or even more than three pair of sneakers or tennis shoes? I mean, you play ball in some, you wear the others for going casual, to the mall, movies, etc., but... four or five... WHY? :confused:

I never saw the point. Maybe I'm just not that "into shoes." I usually just have one pair for basketball, and maybe one more pair for walking and that's it. :cool:

4. LCAhmed

damn, that's quite the collection. I am sorry to hear about you getting robbed. I am looking to acquire some foamposites pretty soon.

5. LCAhmed

Might as well only have one pair of pants, one shirt, underwear, socks, etc. I collect because I like to accessorize and I like the history behind some of the shoes. (Jordan flu game, Jordan space jams, etc.)

6. SwoLy-D

I don't agree that it's the same with pants, shirts, underwear, socks. These garments are in constant contact with your skin, the climate, they rub against things like your car, seats, desk, etc., but your shoes aren't made of cloth and don't need washing as often. I don't think it's a fair comparison, man. :)

The latter reason, yes, I might believe might be a factor for 'collecting', but is it really collecting when you wear them all the time and they get regular usage?

Lastly, you COULD be wearing ONE pair of everything, but... of clothes, you can have multiple and still look the same everyday. ;)
    I guess maybe I just don't have enough money to be spending it on many pair of shoes? I never did as a teenager or bachelor, either. Y'all are extravagant with your purchases if you can afford it. That seems cool.

7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Jordan 11 - Cool Grey
    Jordan 11 - Black and Red (Breds)
    Jordan 3 - came out recently.
    Air Max Penny 1 - White, Blue, Black

I've tried to get some other Jordan's online but they sell out fast or I just forgot about the launch date.

The 5's (fire red, white, black) are coming out at the end of August for anyone that's interested.

#7 sammy, Aug 14, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. LCAhmed

Some people also do it as a barter. If you collect a bunch of rare shoes, people will pay double, triple, sometimes 10x the amount for a pair. Please see every retro jordan Re-release that has happened in the last 2 years.

9. SwoLy-D

I see. So you do it just to get more money later? :confused:

The originals are better. The "re-release" are imitations. I remember how when the '92 Jordans (Olympics in Barcelona) came out, they were extremely ugly for my taste, but everyone wanted to wear them.

Have shoes become just a 'status' symbol?

I thought shoes were supposed to be comfortable and durable. :cool:

10. joeyyungrocks

joeyyungrocks Member

I only have one shoe that is rare

the nike mags

1 person likes this.
  11. Victorious

Victorious Member

It's a fair comparison. People who are into sneakers and have multiple pairs, clean them regularly and take good care of them.

There is a collecting aspect to it. I don't think just because you wear them, takes away from the 'collecting'. And there are people that just collect and don't wear them. Which I don't get because I wouldn't spend $150 of shoes just to have them sit in a box.

I'm not a fan of people who only buy shoes to resell. To me that it what has ruined the culture. These folks are taking away pairs from people who truly want them and reselling it at ridiculous prices to dumbasses who pay that price. Guess I can't knock the hustle.

Sadly, this is true. People think just because you wear Jordans, it means something. Doesn't mean jack. When I was a kid, if you were into sneakers, you were into basketball. Either you played it, watched or both. Nowadays kids could care less who Jordan was, never saw him play and don't care what the shoe looks like. They just want the most popular, most limited and whatever Kanye West is wearing in pictures.

I buy sneakers simply because I like how they look. Could care less about brand or the hype surrounding it. Plus it's very nostalgic to me. Sneakers are like the main link to my childhood. Every pair I own has a story to it, not just the shoe itself but personally.

And as far as re releases, I love them. Many of those, my parents could not afford or wouldn't buy. So to be able to buy something I couldnt, that I wanted back when I was a kid, is pretty cool.

To people that aren't into sneakers like that, all this looks pretty stupid, crazy and ridiculous lol. Like how people think those comic con folks or any collectors really are nutty.

12. LCAhmed

I am not a big fan of the 5s for some reason. But I do like your collection!

Not sure if trolling, but that would be all you'd need to have a superior collection

I agree. Buying shoes just to make a quick buck sucks. I buy for my own personal use. I struggle getting pairs since almost every manufacturer only makes a certain amount (even more limited than the regular limited editions) in my size. I can relate to you linking your shoes with your childhood. I think that's why all the Jordan Re-releases sell like hotcakes.

13. ILoveWhiteGirls

My problem is that I have these rare shoes/ wear them but still can't get laid? Is it the shoes or the game? Why do I have to have game, isn't the shoes enough b****? Am I doing it for the wrong reasons?

14. arubato

arubato Member

I dont really collect shoes. I only got Kobe 8 and AJ4 Toro Bravo. And waiting for my childhood dream kicks, AJ11 breds :)

1 person likes this.
  15. LCAhmed

White girls don't care about kicks. you're going after the wrong women. Unless of course you get a hoodrat white girl.

16. joeyyungrocks

joeyyungrocks Member

Haha im not trolling. I got it because i loved back to the future and it was limited edition and its for a good cause.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. ILoveWhiteGirls

You do have a point.

Damn, did you wear it once yet? They comfy??

18. ashiin

ashiin Member

19. ILoveWhiteGirls

Anybody gonna pick up them new Terrence Jones sneaks?

20. cardpire

cardpire Member

I'll bite.

What are they? The Nike Kickabums?