1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Smoking: They're at it again

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Fatty FatBastard, Jun 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Since when do fajitas have tobacco in them?

2. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

There is this BBQ place down here with the TRA decals on the window, the slogan is "Eating out is fun". Amen.

3. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

When the flying cupcake that spits tobacco juice makes them.

4. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Isn't fatty the one who thinks drinking and driving is OK? Ironic that he started this thread.

Smoking should and will be 100% banned in indoor public places. End of story.

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Don't you have the option to not frequent a place that allows smoking? I'm unaware of any law forcing you to go to a bar or restaurant where smoking is allowed.

There's a very simple solution to not having smoke blown in your face.

6. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

7. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

i don't see why we can't permit bar owners who wish to allow smoking to invest in ventilation systems that keep smoke levels to a reasonable level. there could also be a licensing fee involved for those owners who choose to go this route. people can then pick which type of bar they want to frequent.

8. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

Austin & NYC bars haven't gone out of business. Everyone just smokes outside.

9. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

FFB, didn't you already post in the ongoing discussion thread for this in the D&D? Why start a new thread?

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

For me. :)

11. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ah yes. Cheerfully withdrawn.

12. Summer Song Giver

I wish I were born when people had enough sense to try and not regulate every little thing, I refuse to believe that second hand smoke is a factor in deaths by people who are not a) living with smokers and have no escape from it or b) and this is in my eyes reaching a bit, bar workers who spend the majority of their time in bars. Statistics and studies always seem to be skewed in the favor of the interest of the group doing the study, it's farking bull****e.

To all the non-smokers who support this tripe, they are regulating your freedom with their studies and statistics whether you realize yet or not. Have fun folks, I can't wait for the all grey uniforms because colors cause blindness or some ****e.

13. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Actually it isn't if your blood alcohol content is below .08 it is not unless you are noticably drunk. Studies have shown that driving is impaired with alcohol regardless of external noticable effects.

Therefore you can have two beers, drive, and not appear drunk but be impaired and it is legal.

14. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

drinking and driving is banned. drinking by itself is not. doesn't mean it stops you from doing it. my point is, if you are a drinker, i'm sure you've gotten behind the wheel afterwards before. by your logic in your previous post, alchohol should be banned from all restaurants b/c it can result in a hazardous situation, even if there's only a .000000001% chance.

15. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

This thread is like the kiddie table at Thanksgiving. The adults' table is in the D&D

16. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Discuss in D&D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.