1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Smeg League Draft thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Castor27, Jul 30, 2004.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Kabeer Gbaja-Biamili and Drew Brees

2. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Kerry Collins - QB Raiders

Manny on the clock

3. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

still can't get on think it is fade's pick on the site, so maybe he can enter his pick himself

something weird going on here at home, will be in office in 45mins and sort it out then

4. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

The site seems fine for me. Bob*, the site has you up for your 17th round pick.

Smeg, if you want, you can send me the password and I'll try to update as needed.

5. BobFinn*

Nah, smeg is updating now. I already made my 18th round pick

6. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I pick Byron Chamberlain, TE.

7. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

London Fletcher, lb Buffalo.

can't access the site at the moment.

8. SmeggySmeg

done... toolbags up!!!

9. Summer Song Giver

10. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jed Weaver, TE

11. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Ricky Williams (RB) - MIA

There is talk now that Ricky wants to come back this season. :eek: I'm not holding my breath, but this late in the draft it's worth a shot. Could be the steal of the century if he somehow manages to return.

Smeg -- tried adding him on the site, but it says he is not available.

chrisjent takes Ty Law (DB) - NE

12. SmeggySmeg

added him for you Fade (and jent's pick) suppose it is worse a chance.... assuming he successfully appeals his season long drug suspension that would happen if he returns.. and of course if he does want to come back and if stops smoking pot now awell

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Trevor Pryce

Damn. I was just about to pick Ricky Williams up. I was driving home from the store listening to either Sporting News or ESPN News and caught the tail end of it. :mad:

14. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Ricky Williams filed his retirement papers, which means he is ineligible to return this season even if he wants to.

From one source:
    Because Williams formally filed retirement papers with the NFL three weeks ago, he would not be able to play this season if he changed his mind.

Because Williams was in the league's substance abuse program, he can't return for one year without penalty. Williams has acknowledged testing positive for mar1juana three times, and league officials have said his filing for retirement counts as a fourth failed test, which would result in a year's suspension.

If he decides to return next year, he would face a four-game suspension - the penalty for three failed tests.

#554 Behad, Aug 26, 2004
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2004
  15. BobFinn*

How is a player that has NO chance of playing this season worth taking a shot on? fade didn't do his homework on this one and wasted his pick:cool:

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Thanks fade!

Because everybody knows I sure as hell don't do any research for these drafts - and my picks prove it! :D

17. fadeaway

In theory. He actually can return, but he would need to get a favorable appeal from Tag.

A return in 2004 would be unlikely unless Williams were to register a favorable appeal to NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue. Because he was in the league's drug-testing program following three positive tests for mar1juana, Williams automatically was credited with a fourth failed test when he filed retirement papers earlier this month. That means the automatic imposition of a year-long suspension.

Like I said, I'm not holding my breath. The newest Miami Herald article makes it seem even more unlikely (he's currently in Australia and wants to travel to India for two months). But anything can happen, and better to have him on my roster while it all plays out than to have him owned by one of you yahoos. :p I was only going to take some backup defensive players anyway, of which there are hundreds. ;)

18. fadeaway

Trust me, I bet I've done more homework throughout this draft than anyone. When I close my eyes, I see fantasy football information. :eek:

This is my year. :)

19. PhiSlammaJamma

NO is a sign for me. I'll take John Carney. New Orleans.

20. SmeggySmeg

Paul took Clayton,Michael WR TB