1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Small ball and no discipline = loss!!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Oct 24, 2019.

1. illadelphiah

illadelphiah Member

More like small brain

2. ApuN

ApuN Member

Small ball and DumbA** Coach = loss!!!!!

There, I fixed it.

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Considering how much they have over everyone else they should've swept the season and playoffs every year c'mon. Look at what Patriots are doing now that's dominance and they werent as loaded as GSW.

4. bj3175

bj3175 Member

got to play off the ball and cut a little bit more to keep defenses honest

5. HP3

HP3 Member

The point is they were doing small ball and they won the championships and had multiple finals appearances with the best regular season record of all time. Dont tell me it doesnt work.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Ok so if you have 4 allstars on your team two of which are arguably top 3 players in the entire league then you can do small ball and win multiple championships.

That's not our situation now is it? You are taking an outlier as an example that's like saying because Zuckerberg and Spiegel became billionaires by dropping out of school you can become rich by dropping out of school as well. Don't tell me that doesn't work lol

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They will dominate against 95% of the teams. Just not the 5% total domination.

Chill, at least try to stay positive.

8. HP3

HP3 Member

They have two championships, and the only reason they didnt win the third is because two of their all stars got injured. What more do you want? The only ones even close to beating them were there us 2 years ago who were a 65 win team and an all time great team(fully healthy, we were better then them and should have won). Its not an outlier example, our team 2 years ago worked using small ball. We just dont have enough wing players to help PJ, thats what it is. For us its not an outlier, when you have the right roster construction it does work. You dont need 4 all stars.

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

When the Rox were close to beating them we weren't "small ball", we had Trevor Ariza who is 6'8 and Capela who is 7'1 as full time center and iirc Ryan Scrubberson was still PF he is also 6'8. How tf is that small ball? Besides when Dumbtoni plays Tucker at center that isnt just small ball that is midget ball when even a tissue soft Brook Lopez looks like freaking Hakeem cuz his opponents are half his height.

Where is your proof you don't need 4 all stars to win? The only small ball team that has won is GSW which has 4 all stars lmao.

10. HP3

HP3 Member

Oh my god, Ryan Anderson almost never played that series. And when he did, he cost game 7. Yea Capela played but he you got to remember he was neutralized a bit for that series he coulndt finish games. The Tucker lineup did finish games. And yes Trevor Ariza still counts as small ball dude, hes not a true center or power forward. Yea it didnt work out for as tonight, but Brook Lopez shooting over a Tucker isnt the main reason we lost this game. We need more wing depth for true small ball to work, we need longer players.

11. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

i was amused... lol

roslolian and HP3 like this.
  12. HP3

HP3 Member

You know what I mean, you cheeky b*stard :D

kjayp likes this.
  13. roslolian

roslolian Member

You need taller players for small ball ok lmao

14. HP3

HP3 Member

Dude, you need LONGER, doesnt necessarily have to be taller. You need wing players with long wing spans. Sheesh

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

But you need wing players with long wing spans regardless if its small ball or not. That's like you saying you need 5 superstars to do small ball.

I thought the whole point of small ball is getting small players? If you get long players then that's effectively getting tall players because people dont grab rebs and defend with their height, they do it with their long arms and legs. It's just for most people their height is proportional to their limb length that's why people look for tall players.

You want players to have long wingspans but they can't be tall, they have to be short. Are you looking for chimpanzees or something? Lol!

16. HP3

HP3 Member

What? No its not. Thats completely different . You need at least as many as we did 2 years ago which is about one or two more. Sheesh, stop comparing it to 5 all stars.

No its getting more skilled players in the lineup(I cant believe i have to explain this). Saying we need to get one or two more long wing players isnt make us the tallest or longest team in the league LOL. Sheesh, switching works when you have shooters who can defend multiple positions. while having skill sets of guards/wings. Why do you think they called it the Warriors "death lineup" cause it killed teams.

Okay, I want players who are still shooters and can defend multiple positions, and length helps with that(the defense part). Small ball isnt about small its about getting more skilled players in the lineup. Bro if you cant understand this, I dont know what to tell you.