1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

sloppy play

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MattM, Dec 29, 2003.

1. MattM

MattM Member

Recently, it's hard to finish watching a rockets game because of how ugly it gets. As of late, the only bright spot was the great win over LA. It's frustrating to witness twenty turnovers in a game. It was especially frustrating to see Seattle, the worst rebounding team in the nba, run the rockets over on the glass.

Are the rockets going to wake up? They should have had the game versus Seattle easily. They keep letting close ones get away because of idiotic play during the closing seconds.

I just have the feeling that they are going to hover around .500 all season like they did last year and miss the playoffs again. It's getting ridiculous. And have you guys seen the ticket prices? It's not worth $100 per seat to sit on the first floor to watch a sloppy basketball game.

2. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

2 years ago. i enjoy watching rocket bskball since it was exciting but now this is dismal, pathetic, stupid basketball. if we dont have a good chance to go into the playoffs this team is going to dismantle, likely starting with francis.

3. rickn

rickn Contributing Member

I agree, we need to break up Mobley and Francis and get some smarter player that will complement the rest of the team.

4. MattM

MattM Member

Or, they need to stop worrying about themselves and worry about the team. I forgot the exact stat, but when stevie has 7+ assists the Rockets are a much better team.

5. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Give them a break guys they are still learning JVG's offense.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

actually it was 6+

Rocket River

7. Shooter1583

Shooter1583 Member

Wow, some of the people on this board are either short-sighted or flat-out ignorant. First, they bashed Rudy's offense and the way they used to play. Now, they bash JVG's offense. First off, let me say that I think JVG's offense is a lot better and will end up being far more effective than Rudy's offense. Iso's will only get you so far. Also, JVG is a lot better X's and O's coach than Rudy. I personally love watching the offense because there is a lot more movement (due to multiple screening and pick n rolls), and smarter as well. If only yall understood how hard it is to adjust to a brand new complex offense after playing in a stagnant, one-on-one offense for so many years. It's a culture change. This offense will result in more victories because of its ball movement and scoring opportunities for many players. The defense is already outstanding and exceptional, so JVG is doing something right, considering yall were saying this was a bunch that had no defensive potential. All these games, wins or losses, are stepping stones. We will make the playoffs this year, so instead of bashing, look at the positives because this is a team that has made huge strides in performance from recent seasons, whether you refuse to believe it or not.

8. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

What offense?:confused:

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

folx don't want to hear this
    they want insta-results

most of the folx bashing people
    have either never played
    or ain't picked up a ball in 15 yrs

Goto any one of their jobs and completely change they way it is done
    see how they do. . . .

Rocket River

10. ths balla

ths balla Member

yea stop whining everyone, as long as the big 3 arent injured i GURANTEE you that we the we WILL make the playoffs just calm down;)