1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Slate] The Darko Ages - on overvaluing European players in the early/mid 2000's

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by SamFisher, Jun 27, 2013.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Lost me when it brought race into it.

But the Chad Ford parts are golden.

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Darko was a huge douchebag. I'm glad he failed, and failed miserably.
    He will forever be known as the laughingstock of the 2003 NBA draft.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

A large portion of your 20's....and, yet, you argued with me about Ginobody. And he's not even European.

I've been arguing about this **** since AroundTheWorld was DetTheShrimpf or sumpin like that.

RUBIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is as good as Magic Johnson.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

It is about race, though.

I can't believe white people deny this, when everyone I know talks about this in racial terms.

It's insane how much race is a part about this discussion ... I hear it all the time.

Don't tell me white people don't bring up race about this.

We do!

5. Rocket Booster

Be careful. You will get banned if you keep posting true stuff about the level of NBA and Euroleague.

6. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

That's... Not why you were banned.

7. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

He made simple straight-forward commentary. Such as - how a guy like Patrick Beverley could fit a role in the NBA. Very general, but level-headed.

YOU on the other hand DISCOUNT Beverley and claim he was 6th in depth chart in all European league team and act like he "showed nothing". All so you can prove some "I'm The Only One That WATCHES Euro Games" credential. Now all of a sudden you're taking up for Beverley when he's repping the Euro leagues, trying to have it both ways.

He had a rational and HUMBLE way. YOU DON'T have a SHRED of HUMILITY. And thats WHY YOU GET SHREDDED. (If Croatian isnt you doubled up) perhaps can learn from there how to dial it down some.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I fondly recall the Mobley > Ginobili era. I think I was with you then...now...uhhh...