1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. ROCKETS GAMEDAY
    The Rockets hope to rebound (no pun intended) after that brutal loss to Charlotte when they take on Ja Morant and the Grizzlies tonight. Come join us live at 7:00pm CT!

LIVE! Rockets vs. Grizzlies

[Slate]McCain, ACORN, and the Attack on the "Fabric of Democracy"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Oct 16, 2008.

1. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

Oh fantastic response, as per usual. I don't feel the need to waste time explaining why.

Not like it matters, but if I could ask you one question it would be: ignorant or lying or both?

I feel a pithy lyric coming on....

3. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pCictKFIIoo&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pCictKFIIoo&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>

4. LScolaDominates

This is outrageous, and people like basso and John McCain are directly responsible for inciting this type of violence. Basso, I suggest you think about the ramifications of this childish game you like to play.

5. rimrocker

rimrocker Member

I did. I filed a missing persons report for you after you ran away from your post on New Mexico vote fraud.

6. Malcolm

Malcolm Member

This is not voters fraud its registration fruad. Anyone who have ever really voted know that this is basically irrevelent.

7. rimrocker

rimrocker Member

Suck on the truth...

You support a party of liars trying to suppress the votes of Americans.

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Notable Member
    Supporting Member

I'm afraid that ACORN may be attacking the fabric of space-time as well.

:(

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Everytime I hear that quote from McCain, he sounds more and more like a drama queen. Attack on the fabric of democracy? Seriously, old man?

10. rimrocker

rimrocker Member

11. rocket3forlife2

let me show you how frivolous this argument is.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KdNgMKPV9xQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KdNgMKPV9xQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

12. mc mark

mc mark Member

President Bush is asking the Justice Department to look into whether 200,000 Buckeye State poll-goers must use provisional ballots on Election Day because their names do not match state databases.

White House spokesman Carlton Carroll confirmed Friday that the president will forward a letter to Attorney General Michael Mukasey from House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio), requesting that the Justice Department look into whether the state’s voter rolls comply with the Help America Vote Act.

In a letter dated on Friday, the House GOP leader wrote that with Election Day “less than two weeks away, immediate action by the Department is not only warranted, but also crucial.”

“I respectfully request that you use your authority to direct Attorney General Michael Mukasey and the U.S. Department of Justice to investigate these actions and direct the appropriate authorities in each state to comply with the Section 303 requirements of HAVA,” Boehner wrote.

“Unless action is taken by the Department immediately, thousands, if not tens or hundreds of thousands, of names whose information has not been verified through the HAVA procedures mandated by Congress will remain on voter rolls during the November 4, 2008 election; and there is a significant risk — if not a certainty, that unlawful votes will be cast and counted.”

The U.S. Supreme Court last Friday threw out a Republican-led effort in Ohio that would have required 200,000 voters to cast provisional ballots on Nov. 4 because of misspellings, incorrect addresses or other inconsistencies in their records.

http://www.rollcall.com/news/29533-1.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

no shame

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Indeed, like the posts of ROCKET-REICH-IN-NYC, a huge sucking force can be created by the ACORN reporting of Fox News. With enough space-time distortion, light itself will be unable to escape the vortex. :(

[​IMG]

14. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Obama is now pressuring the DOJ to delay this investigation of ACORN until after the election. What a crook. Chicago style politics at its finest... what's he scared of?