1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Slam] The Forgotten Dynasty

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hayesfan, Mar 5, 2010.

1. EffTheJazz!!!

EffTheJazz!!! Member

lol is this sarcasm i sense..??.. :rolleyes: :confused:

2. mgraye2969

mgraye2969 Member

Yao>Bargaini
    Bosh=Bosh
    Ariza=<Turk (Hedo is having a horrible year)
    Martin>>>>Derozan
    Brooks>>Calderon, Jack
    Rockets Bench > Raptors Bench
    Rockets Coaching >>>>> Raptors Coaching

Sooooo IF we get Bosh or whoever we will be much better than the Raptors....Raptors are also 5th in the Eastern Conference if im not mistaking?...Im not saying its time to let Yao go...Im saying its time to start building around some youthful, tough, talented players with Yao more of a role player

3. EffTheJazz!!!

EffTheJazz!!! Member

i feel u man, i feel u :(

4. ppzh

ppzh Member

You must be joking, or you must be chuck's brother.

5. VBG

VBG Member

All of these 3 are as bad as Aaron Brooks on D.

Turk has had a poor season as well.

Brooks > Calderon
    Martin > Turkoglu
    Ariza > DeMar
    Yao > Bargnani

Our bench should be about equal after the trade.

6. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

I hope karma repays Yao and he surprisingly puts up 25/12/2 on +50% FG for the entire 2010-2011 season. With no excessive decrease in his other teammates stats. Then a Finals appearance would be very likely....

Seriously, Yao does not deserve all these injuries, 1 championship would make everything up...

7. nyu3

nyu3 Member

Yao can make a good comeback. Key factors:
    1. Reduce minutes, start at 20-25 minutes, work up to 30-33 maybe.
    2. Negate all obligations to Chinese national team.
    3. Lose a bit of weight... get to around 305-310.
    4. New shoes?

8. Pest_Ctrl

Pest_Ctrl Member

Next season Adelman should let Yao coming off the bench. Morey has repeatedly said Yao is the best offensive player in the league when the other team is in the penalty, so why play him at the start of quarters when they have 4 fouls to give? Let Martin, Lowry and co. put them in the penalty in the first 6 minutes, then unleash Yaozilla on them. This way Yao's minutes can be cut to around 25 mpg, while maximizing the efficiency of every one of his minutes.

9. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

"Fates can change – that’s why I watch basketball — to experience a lifetime’s worth of highs and lows condensed in a few seasons."

+1

I like it.

10. trugoy

trugoy Member

The number one key factor is to stop him getting WWE in the paint, if people are allowed to wrestle him while he is posting up then he will get injured again.

11. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Wow, someone on the outside that actually seems to be paying attention. I think somehow the Rockets will land a couple of bigs in the offseason and we will be right back in contention next year. Let's hope we have health and a little bit of luck next year. Not that I'm done with this year, I'm just saying.

12. DUHK

DUHK Member

This year will be the year that tells whether we can still look into the Yao era. Although he has been plagued with injury, I still have a feeling we can make something happen. Lower his minutes, and also DM should, which I think he will, have a back up plan for Yao.

I really would the Rockets to bring a championship to this city. Especially with the guys we have now on our team.

13. DUHK

DUHK Member

Even though this sounds unorthodox, I have to agree on the fact that because teams have fouls to give, they always beat Yao up. Sometimes I even think that because the refs see him as such a big guy, they don't believe in giving fouls whenever Yao gets hammered.

14. MattM

MattM Member

hahaha

15. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

No wai

16. topfive

topfive CF OG

You're a sharp one, ETJ. Just ain't no sneakin' something past you!

17. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

If there is one guy who always comes back from his injuries it's Yao. I can't F'n wait for next season/the playoffs. But in regards to Yao still being the guy to build around for the next couple of seasons.....depends on his condition. I believe he will be back to around a 20/10 player, therefore we must try to get Bosh. But if for some reason he comes back and just isn't the same.....well, I'm sure the Rockets management has a plan B in their back pocket......
    -Rule #22 When in doubt, know your way out. :grin:

18. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

True, he was not injured in the series in 2007 against the Jazz, but he did miss 32 games with a broken leg suffered December 23, 2006 against Clippers. Having both Yao and McGrady healthy for that series makes that Game 7 loss even more painful. I know it has almost been three years ago, but damn that one hurt.

19. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

We gave up like 4, 5 CONSECUTIVE O BOARDS TO CARLOS BOOZER IN THE LAST MINUTE of that game....

AND Juwan Howard and RAFER could not toss the ball into the ocean when wide wide open.... JH was 0 for 9 and Rafer was 1 for 9.... That tells it all & I don't think Kevin Martin and Luis Scola could have had a clang fest like that.

20. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

The Rockets are saying they're still betting on Yao is just for the media. But I know Morey and Les is more than smart enough not to make the same mistake year in and year out. Yao is indeed a dominant good center but even when healthy he isn't a superstar player.

But the main thing is that he cannot stay healthy regardless of how much he plays. Yao Ming will never sit and watch if he is able to play. Yao will demand minutes and playing time. But history will repeat itself with Yao's case. Expect another major injury from Yao and the Rockets will again announce Yao will come back strong next year and we will make a run for the trophy.