1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Slam Online] Rookie Outlook (Patrick Patterson)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BDswangHTX, Aug 10, 2010.

1. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

You want to do a $20 tipjar that Patterson doesn't beat out one of your top 6 guys for total ROY votes?

2. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

We're not talking about R.O.Y votes.

3. BetterThanEver

You didn't take him serious did ya?
    [​IMG]

4. BetterThanEver

What would you like to use to rate the 6 best rookies? :)

5. Docsdock

Docsdock Member

I didn't not take him seriously.

6. psingh34

psingh34 Member

time will tell .. people thought it was a mistake to get brooks also and landry was a reach ... .. morey has been right more than he has been wrong .. I am willing to assume that he didnt just get lazy and refuse to scout all the players AND that his board prob wasnt messed up .. what do you base your opinion of his board being messed up if pat was 6th best player on?

7. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

this guy will be a big time contributor and will eventually become the primary guy behind Scola.. i see Chuck gettin minutes at the 5 along with Hill in situations

8. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

PP was described in one of the Ytube videos as the "block of granite". lol

You guys have to see PP in person: dude is nearly as thick as Artest, taller and greater standing reach.

PP has a nice touch around the basket and just knows how to play team bb. I hope he backs up Scola.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmoQ23x-KYc&feature=related

9. alethios

alethios Member

I would be stoked if he made the All-Rookie team this season, but there's some pretty good competition at his position.

10. lokeej

lokeej Member

If Patterson gets a good amount of playing time this season, I think he will amaze alot of people. He does need to work more in the shooting department, but I like his speed, agility and versatility on the court. Him, Hill and Hayes are all 3 different players so we might see them in during certain situations, as Adelman likes to try various combos. Our lineup has good potential this season.

11. Siu0410

Siu0410 Member

Hes a talent, but sadly he won't see many minutes behind Scola, Chuck, and Hill.
    Hard time and perseverance will pay off... eventually.

12. Prince

Prince Member

high hopes here for me..

13. c2u4erm

c2u4erm Member

You all can bash me if you want, dont get me wrong i like patrick patterson, i however wish we had drafted derrick caracter instead..... He played for my hometown college team, and he destroyed and scored on anyone he wanted at any time..... He had unbelievable footwork, great post moves, a clean jumper and was good defensively, i hope ppaterson works out, but damn i wish we had caracter. I have seen him play for awhile, and he also abused everyone he played in the summer league, and while that is not really a huge deal, a lot of the people he beat up were people drafted ahead of him......

14. Prince

Prince Member

video pls..

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

so instead of taking patterson at 14 we should have taken caracter?

should we have traded down to #58 in the draft? or should we have just taken him at #14?

16. c2u4erm

c2u4erm Member

Doesnt matter how you do it, i just think overall caracter was one of the best players in the draft and he was overlooked coming from utep. If you see him play just watch his footwork, and his understanding of the game, its something if given the chance is gonna make him shine in this league. Matter of fact the only thing i did not like about his game was he had trouble passing out of the constant double and triple teams he received but that can be fixed.

17. c2u4erm

c2u4erm Member

just a few things said about caracter, everyone here is very high on cousins and monroe.

Caracter came into the Lakers summer league in Las Vegas with laser-like focus. He registered three double-doubles in his first three games and averaged 15.4 points, 8.6 rebounds and 1.4 blocks while outplaying Detroit's No. 7 pick, Greg Monroe, and holding his own against Sacramento's No. 5 pick, DeMarcus Cousins

18. petechillcutt

petechillcutt Member

he's a Morey guy..nuff said

19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I am optimistically hoping for a McDyess type of player.

20. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

I agree that Caracter would have been a good pick up for the Rockets, but at 14 , or any where in the first round, would have been a reach. He played against lesser competition in college and as you mentioned summer league means next to nothing. If it hadn't been for past issues he probably have gone high-mid 2nd round.