1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SLAM Magazine article: Why the Houston Rockets are the team everyone should cheer for

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AdamSweeney, Apr 13, 2012.

1. adboy

adboy Member

great article well written

2. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

This is a very person. He recognizes real because they have talent budding over there on Slam magazine lately.

3. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

A very [smart] person

4. Obito

Obito Member

The city of Houston seems to make players better then they actually are. It's true. Aaron Brooks, Von Wafer, Rafer Alston, Chuck Hayes. People just play with heart & soul when they put on that Rockets jersey. That's why I am a fan of this team.

Great read.

5. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

I was having this same conversation the other day. I wonder if it effects our players' trade value. Do other GMs recognize their teams won't get the same production from our players as we do?

Well-written article. (I just wish writers not connected to Houston in any way would write similar pieces.)

6. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

i'm too poor to afford slam magazine subscription. i like there posters in the mag, though :(

7. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

i hope you can get lowry, and or dragic on the front cover one day.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost Member
    Supporting Member

I love that Glory clip. Pretty much represents the last decade in Houston sports. Tons of guts, tough luck, long-odds, and loving every minute of it.

Too bad at the end they get 'asploded by a canon. That also represents Houston sports lately. :(

9. BasketballReasons

Frustrating

10. jocar

jocar Member

Awesome article, Adam. Thanks, I really enjoyed it.
    Keep on writing!:grin:

11. jocar

jocar Member

Sadly, that scene represents Morey & Co. to a T, at the end of every free agency :(

12. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

For the team that keeps competing

[​IMG]

13. Rocketman03

Rocketman03 Member

It’s nice to see that at least SOMEONE sees what I’ve seen from this team for the last 15 years i’ve been following them. Resiliency is something that should be respected more in the professional sports world. Thanks Adam Sweeney for shedding the light, i hope every one reads this article!! RED NATION RISE! Adam u da man, keep reppin your Rockets, i love it

14. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm probably as die hard a pro-tanker as you'll find and you've almost convinced me to change my position, Adam. Almost.

Well done.