1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SLAM Magazine article: Why the Houston Rockets are the team everyone should cheer for

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AdamSweeney, Apr 13, 2012.

1. RocketsMAN!

RocketsMAN! Member

I see her face pop up on Twitter as someone to follow all the time, didn't realize it was her number you were asking for. KAM = BALLZ

BTW, great article, if I could rep, I'd rep.

2. AdamSweeney

AdamSweeney Member

Haha. I'll see what i can do. And I'd be happy with just getting to talk to everyone on here. No need for hero status. We'll leave that to the Rockets, Morey, Les, and the rest of the organization.

1 person likes this.
  3. intergalactic

intergalactic Member

Nice read and a well-written article. A great follow up piece would be this: why a superstar coming to Houston would have an incredible chance at the championship.

4. AdamSweeney

AdamSweeney Member

Intergalactic, consider it in the works. I'll pitch it during the free agency period. Excellent idea.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Too bad I suspect Stars won't or simply can't read more than 40 characters.

6. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

Awesome read! Ridiculous that the rockets get no national attention (no games shown national tv)...hope that changes cause authors like u!

7. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I was so excited the moment we hired Kevin mchale because I knew that he was going to make tough decisions that would benefit our team ( benching bud for parsons, going with c.lee late in games when k-mart was healthy) now he is definitely a coach of the year candidate props to morey and les for also making a tough decision and letting go of alderman and we took alot of heat because of that but now look at our team some people will say we are at where we are always at but I disagree and I believe this summer will be a exciting one for rockets fans I like our toughness and the way we play physical and that is something we never played with with alderman we where always a offensive team and had to out score our opponents now we play tough physical team and don't have to score a 100 to win and that's alm because of what Kevin mchale brought to the table so for those of you disagreed with the hiring eat your words

8. DCballer

DCballer Member

Great read man. Hope some members of the team read this and get some extra motivation going into this last stretch of games. Nice work!

9. AdamSweeney

AdamSweeney Member

Rudy, I agree. McHale has helped change the culture of this team. The days of "We better score 105 a night because the opponent is for sure putting up 104" appear to be over. I love this team top to bottom and am going to continue to push that in any way I can, both through SLAM Magazine and at www.playmakeronline.com with Playmaker Magazine.

If we got just one player with top 10-20 talent, this team is a title contender. As it is, they're the epitome of "the sum is bigger than its parts."

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Reminds me why I used to subscribe to SLAM Magazine

11. Kam

Kam Member

If Holly ever started posting here, I'm removing the title of favorite basketball writer on clutchfans from Kelly Dwyer to her.

12. StevieCrossover

The Rockets are always the under dog every year!!!

13. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Well if you had more than 12 posts maybe not.

It would be nice to have writers and folks who do this as a profession on here to debate and discuss rockets. I realize your analysis on here is free where you charge slam for that same analysis...but you could leverage your own popularity on here which might get you more promotion overall.

Just a thought to consider since we have some really good contributors that do it for free. I would click on a Bimathug or aelliott link and advertisement. I didn't click on yours sorry.

14. I'm Tom Brady

I'm Tom Brady Member

I will only read this if the Rockets win tonight.

15. conquistador#11

great article. we need more glorious writers like you to spread the rockets' gospel!

It seems writers from our own city just write crappy, tongue placed firmly in cheek, blogs that have no substance. they just whine on how we suck because we lack a superstar.

again, awesome stuff.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

When i was saying things like this during offseason, i got clowned. By Rockets fans!!!:eek::confused: A professional writer comes in and hey, he must be right!!! Thats Clutcfans for you.:rolleyes:

17. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

I would say our "next man in line" mentality started with that 22 games in a row team.

18. mrdave543

mrdave543 Member

It would be nice if you weren't a dick either. Your logic for refusing to click on the link out of some "principle" that he hasn't posted enough makes no sense. It's not like he created an account yesterday and posted his link to only get advertisement and never be heard from again. Even if he did do that, why would it matter?

Great article, I am even more excited about going to tonights game.

19. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Member

I love it when people call out the Spurs for tanking to get Duncan. Doesn't happen enough imo.

20. bro2044

bro2044 Member

"Only the San Antonio Spurs, Los Angeles Lakers, Dallas Mavericks and Phoenix Suns have more wins than the Rockets in the past 10 seasons."

wow.