1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SLAM] Hakeem Olajuwon’s attempt to revive the NBA’s post game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dschwab, Aug 5, 2010.

1. dschwab

dschwab Contributing Member

More on The Dream spreading his infinite wisdom:

Keeping ‘The Dream’ Alive:
    Hakeem Olajuwon’s attempt to revive the NBA’s post game.

by Mark Cameron
    http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2010/08/keeping-the-dream-alive/

2 people like this.
  2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Awesome article. Olajuwon getting his props.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Great find. Kudos! Man, I'd love to see Dream work with Hill and Patterson. :cool:

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

As his time away from the game has gone on, I think people are really starting to appreciate Hakeem's place in the game.

5. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I agree. I bet calls pile up only from NBA players pleading him to help them improve their game.

Best post game ever, hands down, no argument, blah blah blah i don't want to hear it.

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I miss watching Dream. There's been nothing anything close to him since he retired. We were really lucky.

7. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

Fortunate, we were.

8. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Like I said in other thread:

Hakeem loves basketball, so he will give advice to anyone that ask for it.
    He wants to make the game and the players better, so he is teaching his wisdom to the young talents.

9. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I think Mig just fainted after the some how inheriting Hakeem and Inception in the same sentence....

I just wish people who didn't know the game of basketball until after the turn of the century, watch full games with Hakeem, even his later years, 97-99, is nothing like the post game we witness today....

10. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

Ok this is unfortunate. It makes no sense to add the rates of post-play for three different guards. People need to learn some arithmetic.

11. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Great find!

I wonder why Hakeem doesn't spend more time with our younger post guys like Hill and PatPat.. Or maybe he has and Morey is using his magic to keep everything hush hush... ;)

12. EffTheJazz!!!

EffTheJazz!!! Member

Nice to see Hakeem get these props... I don't know if we'll ever see a post game like that again.. I hope a savior is born and is hooping somewhere in the slums of South America or something and we do see pure greatness in the post again, because I really miss watching him. :(

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Have you notice that all of the Clutch City heroes are spreading the tao of clutch city around?

Coach Mario Elie, Coach Scotty Brooks, Coach Sam Cassell, Kenny Smith preaching on TNT, Dream teaching current NBA stars how to play the post

it's just proof Clutch City is way of life too

14. ROCKCITY

ROCKCITY Member

Great article.

I know this is about guards and small forwards but I wonder what is Scola's percentage in the post. He has a variety of post moves and has great footwork. Anyone know if Scola has ever had lessons with the Dream? Or is he just too busy with his international team during the summer?

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder if he can teach them to be Clutch

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jprCFv-AIkw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jprCFv-AIkw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

16. ROCKCITY

ROCKCITY Member

Forgot to add this:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DWcoMGPsmt8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DWcoMGPsmt8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Guess who gets PWNED @ 3:19 :grin:

17. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

When Scola is done, he too should try to teach his slick post moves, he's like the opposite of Dream

Post moves for the unathletic.

18. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

after watching that Dream buzzer beater, it made me realize, how rare it is to attend a game that ends with a game ending buzzer beater, I've been a season ticket holder for the last 4 seasons and have yet to attend one game that ended at the buzzer regardless if it was the Rockets or not, the only one remotely close was Brewer's half court shot to go to OT, and I wasn't even at that game.

19. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I really miss Dream. I feel very fortunate that I was able to watch him every year he was in Houston. I'm not sure there will ever be another post player with his unique talents. His versatility and wide array of moves are second to NO big that ever played this game.

I know people will choose Shaq for his power game, Wilt for his dominance, Russell for his defense or Jabbar as their greatest center of all time, but I will choose Hakeem 100 times out of 100. Biased? Maybe. I don't care, I think he's the best.

20. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I love this thread! Props to the threadmaker!