1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SLAM] Don't stop believin' Rockets fans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hayesfan, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I have to wonder.. Adam, are you here??

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2009/07/failure-to-launch/

1 person likes this.
  2. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

i really liked that article. thank you for posting it.

3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Pretty good read, and I think it pretty much encapsulates what all of us more optimistic Rockets fans have been saying this off-season. The results of this upcoming season don't really mean a whole lot in the scheme of things. It's all about the summer of 2010, and what draft position we potentially have. It sucks knowing that you have NO chance to win the title before the season even begins, but being removed of that burden might end up being a blessing in disguise, since it might allow Morey to work with a little more peace of mind. The only thing truly weighing this franchise down right now is the health of Yao Ming, and whether or not he will ever return to his old self.

4. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

Here we go....

Yeah, good read :)

5. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Flexibility is a great thing. The team is certainly low on fire power right now but with the young talent Morey brought in and Tmac coming off the books one way or another by next summer this team could be a top 5 NBA team in no time with or without Yao.

Options.

6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

That pretty much sums up everything we've all been talkin about all summer. Thank you for putting it out there for the schmucks who don't get that trading for Amare won't get you anywhere. Just hang tight and enjoy the ride. ;)

Yeah I'm talking about you T Square!

7. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

He definitely reads us. In Morey We Trust. I'm surprised he didn't say "Get it done."

8. Raven

Raven Member

That's the magic word. The Rockets won't give up on the 2010 free agent bonanza unless they can land a franchise player via trade, which is unlikely. This is why it serves no purpose to slap enough band aids on the team to win 45 games and suffer the humiliation of getting curb stomped in the first round. Far better to enter the lottery sweepstakes.

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i agree. i check the score every game if i dont get watch the rockets every night. this season i will be rooting for them to lose every single game. yes even against the lakers and jazz.

10. komac

komac Member

That's a very good article and I think it brings up how really good Morey has been for the Rockets organization (hey, the guy did graduate MIT). But we all have to deal with the fact that it's not going to be a great year, we have to hang in there, hope for a good recovery from Yao and who knows maybe T-Mac we'll have something left in the tank (but I really doubt the latter). I think the summer of 2010 will be great for the Rockets fans.

11. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

God I love Morey.

12. smuduffy

smuduffy Member

The great thing about this team is they will be fun to watch and they will get a year to develop all of their players with all of them getting more playing time than they would on a contender. Adelman finally gets to run his offense and we get to see whether or not it works with this group of players. Then, DM gets to really work his magic b/c he will have a lot better of idea of who are his best trade assets and who fits the offense and he needs to keep.

I still don't buy us being a high pick lottery team though. This team has a lot of talented players that work well as a team. I agree they aren't playoff worthy without a star, but they'll be competitive every game, you just don't see teams built with players like Scola / Battier / Hayes not hustle. So, I'm actually excited about the season b/c its something I wish the Astros would learn...the devoted fans actually enjoy watching youth come in and grow into contributors.

13. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Disgusting. You are no Rockets fan.

14. dreamshake21

dreamshake21 Member

That article was stupid and biased!

15. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Great Article i like :D :D

16. BugOnAHarley

BugOnAHarley Contributing Member

With the lowered expectations this year, every win will be that much more enjoyable, and losses will be more tolerable. Should help keep my blood pressure down. :cool:

17. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

Finally an article that answers the threads about tanking. Great Article. Believe! :)

18. mob16151

mob16151 Member

This year I dont care about wins and losses I just want entertaining.