1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Slam] Almost Famous: Hall of Fame prognosticatin’

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mms, Mar 9, 2009.

1. mms

mms Member

http://slamonline.com/online/blogs/2009/03/almost-famous/

2. mms

mms Member

SLAM loves Shane Battier.

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Probably listing Battier as a joke I imagine to generate page views. Anyway that's a pretty good list.

4. FFz

FFz Member

Shane Battier was the leader of NCAA championship team. Of course he deserves to be there.

5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

remember this isnt the NBA Hall of Fame this is the BASKETBALL Hall of Fame.

all levels and leagues are considered

6. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

My thoughts as well, not so much what he has done in the NBA(though a great defender) but what he did at Duke.

Is Laettner in?? Although Laettner was a better collegiate player than Battier, I think Battier eclipses him in the NBA, due to just flat out making his team better.

7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

more rox players

8. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

man, how can you guys forgot DEKE!

9. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Yao Ming could retire tomorrow and he would still be a lock for the hall. Aside from being a global pioneer, he's far and away the greatest "giant" to ever play the game. The others were barely functioning role players.

10. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

I find it interesting that T-Mac is "probably out", while his cousin Vince is considered "probably in". Then again, VC had college success at UNC with Jamison (I don't remember how much exactly) and is one of the best dunkers ever.

11. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

T-Mac is a nice guy who was given too much talent. I wish they gave his talent and physical tools to someone else who would be willing to give it all they got. Orlando T-Mac was just a glimpse of what he really should have been.

12. Microfridge

Microfridge Contributing Member