1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

i was looking at random videos on youtube and came across the 95 summer classic "i wish"....its one of those songs that makes me think of the 95 rockets championship. that summer was amazing. i remember "Boombastic" was big too. 97.9 always played the "Rockets Boombastic." anyone remember that???

anyways whatever happened to skee lo???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUXUrctcKpE

2. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

He had an album in 2000, called "I can't Stop."

Maybe he went the ways of Magoo (of Timbaland and Magoo fame)

3. Asian Sensation

One hit wonder. Reminds me of the most infamous one... Paperboy "ditty"

4. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Back in 2001 2 Many DJ's put it on their As Heard on Radio Soulwax pt. 2 CD. Amazing mashup between Skee Lo's I Wish and The Breeders Cannonball.

5. Nice Rollin

yeahhh......just to clarify, im not a huuuge fan of his but wondering "what he is doing now"

6. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

"ooh wee oh my well well, Sam Cassell, he's just like a turtle comin' out of him shell" -Shaggy I think i have that one a tape somewhere, gotta go dig through em.

I remember "<b>HOOP</b> There It Is" and when they would act like they were interviewing the rockets players and their opponenets and the questions would be answered with a song snippet. I remember there was one where they said "Clyde Drexler, you were injured in game 2, how are you feeling now?!" then "Clyde" would reply.... "Everytime i close my eyesss......wake up feelin so horrrrrrrny" which was of course Jodeci-Freakin You.

7. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

One of my all time favs. Brings back so many memories.

8. Nice Rollin

I REMEMBER THAT THING WITH CLYDE!!!!

"what must i saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. what must i dooooooooooo"