1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sixth Man Of The Year Watch

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by charles_zed, Nov 17, 2013.

1. conquistador#11

6 ft attempts per game, that's good for 7th among pgs, but why stop there?
    he should aim for 8 a game, no excuse for having 6. As soon as he checks in with six minutes to go in the first, the other team is in foul trouble so he should attack attack and do away with the three point shot til the next quarter. take advantage.

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If Jeremy and the Rockets are anywhere close to Crawford and the clippers I have a hard time seeing the votes not going Jeremy's way mostly. I think his sacrifice this year and growth in that role will be a huge part of th makeup of this team. There is a lot of basketball left in the year but Jeremy has my vote as of now.

3. SuperManRocketz

He been playing 30mins+ games. It motivated JLin to play better since he got knock down to the sixth man..Bev is good at the defensive end but scoring wise i dont see him putting up numbers..

4. Play07

Play07 Member

Yes this is true, I even saw him pull the harden throw his hands up make sure he get the foul vs falling on the ground.

think harden is helping him out on how to not fall but still get to the line

5. Raynesis

Raynesis Member

Those are different contacts. Throwing hands up are due to hands slapping. Falling to ground is due to body contact with opposing centers.

6. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

My guess is McHale is giving Jeremy more freedom to "do his thing" in exchange for coming off the bench and not pout-a-la-Asik. I hope he'll continue getting at least 32 mins a game and getting to close out games. He's averaging 33.8 mpg because of the two overtime games and Bev was injured after playing 10 mins in game 1.

On the other hand, Bev has not been playing very Beverley-ish lately. He's more of a serviceable placeholder than the feisty little bulldog that he was.

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

What about Markieff Morris?

8. roxxy

roxxy Member

Hmm your team has to win a lot of games and the player has to play well to be considered apparently. I don't see PHX winning a lot of games but I could be wrong. :confused:

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

That's it?

So anyone can be 6th man awards contenders if they sub into the game within a minute, for the entire season?

10. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

Yup, based on whom has received the award so far. 6MOY awardees are basically pseudo-starters. LeBron James could easily win this award if he comes in 2 mins later instead of being in the starting lineup. Maybe McHale's agenda is to have the Rockets collect as many NBA awards as possible: MVP, DPOY, MIP (maybe Jones), 6MOY, COY.

11. Grapenutz

Grapenutz Rookie

Gotta be Crawford

Shouldve won it last yr imo

12. yummyhawtsauce

is this true? 6th man is reserved for playoff teams?