1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sixers Rockets talking trade.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Jul 2, 2022.

1. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Tobias Harris contract is $37,633,050 & $39,270,150 the next two years. (The Rockets aren't taking that on next years cap)

You'd think Philly would be hunting bigger game than EG with that type of contract value where they can take back up to $47,241,312.
    The team absorbing Harris would have to send out a minimum of $30,006,440 .... so another $10.5m on top of EG's contract. I think this makes Harris a deal breaker for the Rockets.

Or Philly possibly shedding salary in the swap .... but that's counter productive to their goals. Either way, I don't think the Rockets would take Harris back, you'd have to route him elsewhere.

Possible, not plausible IMO.

If you think there's value in this 5:1 trade, it's doable. Either the Rockets create two more roster spots by waiving two of Burke, Chriss, Brown or Boban or with a 3rd team taking on two of the five players leaving Philly but I can't see why a team would take Philly's cast offs unless they were a tanking team getting assets in return.

It just doesn't make much sense to me. It's a whole bunch of hoops to jump thru for very little in return.

EG's really hard to trade ....

2. myronm

myronm Contributing Member

Respectfully, with all of the all-stars that the Rockets have had in Silas's tenure, he should be a better coach. Right? Coach Silas has a group of kids in the middle of a tanking process. You love Green and Smith, Jr., but you complain on the process needed to get those types of players. At no previous spot was Silas criticized the way our Rockets complainers complain about him. Consider this roster:

Starters: (AVG AGE - 21.2 Years old)

Tate - 26
    Sengun - 19
    Green - 20
    Porter - 22
    Smith, Jr. - 19

Bench: (AVG AGE - 23.6 Years old)

Christopher - 20
    Mathews - 25
    Gordon - 33
    Nwaba - 29
    Garuba - 20
    Martin - 21
    Eason - 21
    TYTY - 20

How many years does it take to teach a bunch of kids a complete NBA system. Luka balled out in it, but he has been a pro forever. You are consistent and I understand expectations, but I appreciate reasonable expectations. I guess you miss Dantoni and McHale...

In 20 years, this is my 39th post: this unrealistic Silas HATE bothers me!

#162 myronm, Jul 4, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Thybulle is a freak athlete.

And a freak defender.

On the ball AND off the ball.

No one plays defense like Thybulle does. He is beyond generational, he is unique.

His nickname should be Teleporter, that's how quick he comes from out of frame to make block, steal, deflection or alter shot.

Thybulle averages more blocked 3's than 3's made on him.

ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS.

3 seasons in NBA and already 2 All Defense selections.

Since coming into the league, he is top 10 in disruptive plays. In almost half as many minutes as the other defenders in top 10.

Not bad for a rotation player.

#163 D-rock, Jul 4, 2022
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Thybulle = microwave defense

Thybulle = defensive playmaker

"In his three-year career, Matisse Thybulle has racked up 313 steals and 189 blocks across 196 games. He is one of eight players to reach these numbers since steals and blocks were first recorded. Thybulle has played 4,270 career minutes and is the only player on this shortlist to record these statistics in fewer than 5,000 minutes."

https://fansided.com/2022/02/08/matisse-thybulle-historic-defensive-playmaker/

+40" max vert × near 7 foot wingspan × tornado like nonstop energy × freak defensive IQ

Last season locked down the best 3ball scorers:

Steph - 13% from 3P
    Tatum - 0% from 3P
    KD - 25% from 3P
    Harden - 0% from 3P

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/matisse-thybulle-76ers-most-disruptive-defensive-player

#164 D-rock, Jul 4, 2022
    Caesar likes this.
  5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

It is pretty simple. Rockets want a future FRP. Philly wants EG. Philly wants to move Thybulle.

*IF* Thybulle is "as good as you guys say he is" then SURELY 1 team out of the 28 other teams in this league would offer up a FRP for his services.

What is the hold up?

6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah the Thybulle hype is a little over the top from some posters. Now we have some fluff piece of how this guy has not been able to work on his shot for two summers but now he is finally working on his shot. They expect me to believe the Sixers are this desperate to unload him even though he is a "generational" defensive talent that's finally going to have a three point shot since he is working on it??

dmoneybangbang, jiggyfly and Dacamel like this.
  7. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

aint our concern... if murray wants to move thybulle - and we want a frp for ego... its on him to find the 3rd team to make the deal fly...

he could always add a 2nd or cash considerations or whatever...

but if nobody else is biting on thybulle - makes me want him even less... lol

hold firm, Stone!

i'm perfectly content to have ego mentoring our youngsters - as long as he's having fun... ;)

peleincubus likes this.
  8. Caesar

Caesar Member

Yeah, he's hard to place. You would think he's the exact kind of role player a championship contender wants on their team and yet a championship contender is trying to get rid of him. I love players like him so i would be happy to get him in return and we dont have to watch Eric Gordon dribble off his foot and or throw his hands up and scream for a foul he never gets.
    If MaThief wants the same career like a Battier or Bowen or Tucker he better find his spots and just become money there while keeping his defensive disruption. Really, the same place we are with Garubas plan. Tucker was 28 and Bowen was 30 when it clicked for them as 3pt spot up shooters. Team option friendly contract. If you keep him beyond that under fair contract while he keeps working on his 3, he's a very nice roster spot every year. Bari-Tari-Mathief-Garuba-Jamaica ooh i wanna take ya

D-rock, AXG and Dankstronaut like this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So what?

Smart was way more offensively developed than Thybulle, and he shot more 3's per game than Thybulle.

Thybulle's percentage has been going down since his rookie year as well.

10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Smart shot the 3 twice as much as Thybuld and the percentage has increased steadily since then while Thbulle's has plateaued.

Now you want to tell what else Thybulle does offensively that can compare to Smart?

11. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I wouldn’t mind Thybuille over Gordon, but one of the big problems with trading Gordon is that his contract usually means more than a 1 on 1 trade. We don’t have roster spots and we don’t want to take any contract that will affect cap space in 2023. Philadelphia doesn’t have a single frp to trade before 2028 and they would have to give that up to un-load Harris. I don’t think the Rockets will trade Gordon until the deadline if at all, because of the roster crunch. Nobody wants Harris’ contract so the sixers are stuck when comes to getting back mid/big money contracts.

D-rock likes this.
  12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

He is due for an extension how much are you going to pay him hoping he fixes that jumper?

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Same as Tate.

His jumper broke too.

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Smart also averaged more minutes.

Context matters.

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah and Tate is a much better playmaker and finisher, he is more like Smart than Thybulle.

16. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I know nothing about Thybulle so won’t comment on his fit as a Rocket, but it seems weird that Philly is trying to win a championship and they want to get rid of him. Maybe he’s awesome but something doesn’t add up there. Change of scenery boost on the Rockets?

Sounds like how Dallas fans are excited about Christian Wood. Slow down.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yes, it does.

What do minutes have to do with Smart being much better offensively than Thybulle?

Smart can do a lot of other things offensively besides shooting the 3 so why are you continuing to ignore that and compare the 2?

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

I know that you struggle with comprehending the importance of efficiency or you simply just do not value it.

Either way, that's a you problem.

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

He is due a payday and is not conducive to winning now and he is one of their best assets, I don't think they are actively trying to trade him but he is a valuable asset to the right team.

BigM likes this.
  20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Thy Bulleshit is getting deep.

BigMaloe, kjayp, ElPigto and 2 others like this.