1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sixers Rockets talking trade.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Jul 2, 2022.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

So, there's a player who is an amazing defender but has made no progress on his 3 so a contender is trading him because they can't afford to let him avoid or miss wide open 3's while trying to win a title.

Teams in the middle of the pack won't want him because no one wants to be in the middle and Thybulle doesn't change anything.

So then who would be best served to take on a guy like that? Perhaps a team that's already heavily invested in player development and is in the process of accumulating assets that may increase in value with some playing time and PR.

We're the perfect team to take on Thybulle. Who the hell else but tanking teams should do it? Thybulle, like Tate, needs his development accelerated with heavy training and some reps on in-game 3's that he would not get on a contender. I don't think it's for sure that he develops a 3pt shot, but it's a great risk to take imo because if he does he could be a tremendous piece at a great price, something like what Moute or prime Ariza were for us in the past. Need 2-3 of those to win a title.

2. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

https://fanspo.com/nba/s/rockets/trades/DO-LNg_B6VN9hJ/4-team-megatrade

Hou in: Nunn, Horton-Tucker, 2029 1st
    Hou out: Gordon

Phi in: Gordon, Howard
    Phi out: Harris, 2024 1st

Ind in: Harris, 2024 1st
    Ind out: Hield

LAL in: Hield
    LAL out: Nunn, Horton-Tucker, 2029 1st

I think everyone gets what they need. Rockets get to look at THT for the rebuild. 76ers get Gordon, dump Harris. Pacers upgrade their forward spot, dump Hield who I doubt they want anyway with Halliburton, Mathurin. Lakers use their remaining assets to land a shooter.

Porter - Green - Tate - Smith - Sengun
    Christopher - THT - Eason - Martin - Garuba
    Washington - Nix - Mathews - Nwaba - Boban

don grahamleone likes this.
  3. jogo

jogo Member

No, my opinion doesn't mean anything. But there are people who understand vaccines. They are called doctors and scientists. They know vaccines work. There are also people who don't believe vaccines work. They are called idiots. When he needs real medical treatment I guess he will just look online and do his research? Go to another team, not wanted here. Better yet, go play with Kyrie somewhere.

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Thybulle, KJ Martin, Milton to team X for future 1st

Korkmaz, Bassey, (Joe*, Reed* waived) 1st to Hou

Gordon to Philly

Hou waives Nwaba, Burke, Brown, signs a vet min backup PG (Campazzo or DJ Augustin)

G - Jalen Green | Fucando Campazzo | TyTy Washington
    G - Kevin Porter | Josh Christopher | Daishen Nix
    F - Jae'Sean Tate | Garrison Mathews | Furkan Korkmaz
    F - Jabari Smith | Usman Garuba | Tari Eason
    C - Alperen Sengun | Boban Marjanovic | Charles Bassey

That team feels right, Sengun and Korkmaz with the Turkish connect, Campazzo and Garuba with the Spanish connect, tenacious Tate with the starters gritty Gary off the bench, Boban causing a ruckus. Let us get it.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Isn't Thybullekind of just a better version of Tate?

6. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

NO he is a worse version of tate who doesn't want to get the vaccine

Patience and maj21 like this.
  7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Minute adjusted differences are

Tate averages double the points, FTs, rebounds, and assists

Thybulle averages double the steals and blocks

Thybulle is a defensive beast, and Tate is a much more complete player. Another difference is Tate has 30 pounds on Thybulle.

Patience and maj21 like this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't care about his personal health decisions, I care that he's better defensively than Tate who doesn't do anything well.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think the defense would be more beneficial to the Rockets than what Tate thinks he can do offensively.

10. Salvy

Salvy Member

So a better and more pure version than Tate....

Rudyc281 likes this.
  11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Thybulle is a much better defensive player than Tate and he’s taller, but they’re gonna make similar money next season, and Thybulle will be an RFA in 2023. Trading for him make zero sense for the rockets; especially with Tate on a 3-yr team friendly deal.

they’ve been trying to do a 3-way for a while now, but with Green’s expiring contract not available, it’s hard for me to see how something gets done with Philly. My worry is that we end up trading Gordon for a poor return because we want to do right by him. To me, paying him $20+ mil over many years was doing plenty right by him.

BMoney and fckbandwagons like this.
  12. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

we are witnessing the nets blow up because Kyrie didn't want to get the shot and we are witnessing Morey trying to get rid of Thybulle because of him not getting the shot because he couldn't play in over half the games in a play off series... STOP WANTING PROBLEM PLAYERS ON THIS ROSTER.

13. TimDuncanDonaut

Thybull missed playoff games for them (Raptors); couldn't play the away games. The HOME games he wasn't good. While that's not going to be a concern here, our playing time is limited. If we're going to be bad; I rather it go to the young guys.

I looked at some of his interviews; he's open to things like alternative medicine. If it's stuff like taking ginseng or doing acupuncture, that's fine. The thing is, people in the Far East believes in vaccines, they don't think of their stuff 'as substitutes'. Thybull makes people who also use non-western medicine look bad.

As far as the whole as a contending team role player, if Matisse was that, Daryl wouldn't be trying to trade him for an Eric Gordon.

If he's there to make the salary match, I'm fine with it. But it's the FRP(s) that we're after. Hopefully it's from a fringe team, whose record isn't too good.

#73 TimDuncanDonaut, Jul 2, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
  14. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

I actually like Tate, but Thybulle's defense is better than Tate's offense, defense, passing, rebounds, etc. combined, check his BPM Thybulle has more of an impact than Tate who is a near or slightly below league-average defender. Also, he's 24 years old, Tate is 26.

Matisse also played on a team with Embiid, Harden, Maxey, and Tobias Harris when it came to usage, Tate would have terrible offensive numbers as well there. This would be a much better place for Thybulle to develop.

[​IMG]

Also here is film of Thybulle, you have never seen breakdowns of Tate's game or defense like this:

everyday eddie, AXG, Reeko and 4 others like this.
  15. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Need Harden back and 2 first. Do it Maury!!

16. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And Tate has 3x as many turnovers.

Neither of them do much for me.

BHannes2BHonest, D-rock and Rudyc281 like this.
  17. Salvy

Salvy Member

Not worried about making the playoffs, Rockets are still a year or two away.... This whole thing is already blowing over, they are desperate because they still think Harden can win them a ring lol..... Let them unload good young talent, we can develop them and cash in later...

18. csc177

csc177 Member

Jabari’s going to get number 10 after all

Drift Monkey, Easy and Rudyc281 like this.
  19. TimDuncanDonaut

That's the thing though. Daryl wants Gordon, he's not asking for Tate. If Tate is not shipped, we'll have a situation of both Matisse and Jae'sean here.

If Tate is part of a deal, then they have to find more players to match what HOU is shipping out.

theDude and D-rock like this.
  20. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Ah so he’s smart too cool