1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sixers, Rockets engaged in "fluid trade talks" about Jeremy Lin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketInfoMan, Jul 2, 2014.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What is up with this fragile ego and "he'll cry on the bench" bull****? The dude was undrafted and worked his way up. You have to have some mental fortitude to accomplish that. I'm sure if he isn't traded this off season he will still be productive.

2. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

You do realize that a deal in principal is already in place with Philly if we get Bosh right? If it's the NOP first, I don't think we should give that up either but just saying we're not gonna trade him isn't gonna do anything.

Lin probably wants to get traded because of how things went down with all the jersey bull**** and because he can put up better stats in Philly to get a better contract, but he's not gona cry on the bench if he's still here. He hasn't done any complaining the last two years and that shouldn't change now

3. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

No need to worry if Lin doesn't get traded and we have to keep him.

There's no reason for him to sit on the bench and pout. He's not like Asik in the sense that teams will stay pay good money for him. Lin has a lot to lose (financially) if he doesn't demonstrate himself as a borderline starter, great backup this upcoming season for the Rockets.

4. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

That would be a disaster for everybody involved. But worst comes to worst, harden slides to small forward and lin to 2 guard. Might work.

5. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

This is getting scary.... If Lebron doesn't go back to Cleveland... we are stuck signing Parsons and being handicapped to our MLE/Bi-Annual... which isn't bad... but we need to get better.

We need to be a top 2 seed to even stand a chance... getting a 3-6th seed is suicide. Hurts chances drastically.

6. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

You need to chill out.

This comment came out of nowhere and it wasn't even a reply to other people's post. Why are you so bitter toward one player?

7. King1

King1 Contributing Member

He went to twitter to cry after the Carmelo pitch. There's also a legit argument that he shut it down for NY in the Playoffs because he didn't have a new contract. So? Lin has never showed any sort of mental toughness on the court nor a high basketball IQ. If he isn't traded I'm sure he'll deliver the same mediocre performance we've seen the past two years.

8. King1

Hence why I said "unless it leads to Bosh".

He already cried on twitter so he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt anymore

9. King1

Lol. Says who? I'm free to express my opinion on the situation

Wrong:

"+1000, there's no way he would even wanna come back anyway after he was displeased lol"

I'm not bitter at all. I just think he's mediocre and the Rockets have no reason to cater to his feelings.

10. dreamshake97

dreamshake97 Member

I don't think we are doing anything.. we haven't officially made any trades and our window is closing... I bet we don't end up with crap..

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What makes you say he has never shown mental toughness on the court? Lin is prone to make silly mistakes which is his biggest downfall but I never heard anyone complain about his effort on the court and his determination to win. You have an obsession with this guy that should be grounds for no one believing you have any validity to your posts about him or the situation he is in. You're a nut job.

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Dude....

LeBron James Skill Camp: Las Vegas, July 9 - 12.

LeBron to Brazil World Cup Final July 12.

We might be waiting for LeBron's shoe to drop on Saturday.

Once that happens:

Bosh....Parsons....Melo....Gasol.

All the dominoes start to fall.

13. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

I'm a member of a few team forums(philly too)

It has begun, Lin fans are already in the Philly boards say mchale hated him and everyone on this team was holding him down(sigh)

Philly fan don't care about Lin, they just want the pick, philly s in full tank mode for 1 more year(with our pick they have 3 first next year)

If Lin helps philly, it's a plus, if he doesn't no one cares, but nope Lin fans have to argue anyway for no reason

This place will be fun, soon

Team bosh

14. beastlyball

beastlyball Member

He cried for a minute while you are still crying.

15. Cloudx9

Cloudx9 Member

LOL, looks like King1 dont have the mental toughness to handle any reasonable debates about Lin. How can a guy create something remotely close to Linsanity after all the obstacles he had to face and not have mental toughness. Dude, your hatred for the guy is unhealthy, go take some deep breathing/yoga classes or something. Itll be good for you.:grin:

16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

? Is that you Christoph?

17. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

This

If we miss out on bosh, give Lin his 20 min per game

Or

Treat him like Ben Gordon and sit him at the end of the bench with many DNP and develop one of the young guys as bevs backup

18. AkeemTheDreem86

PLEASE just let this **** happen and send this joker and his ****ty fans packing.

I miss you, GARM.

19. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Lin's height is neck and torsoe length based. He doesn't play like he's 6'4 to 6'6 at all...

20. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

When are these "fluids trade talk" going to happen?