1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sixers, Rockets engaged in "fluid trade talks" about Jeremy Lin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketInfoMan, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Mr Chuck Norris

Says who? did we tack on an asset/Draft pick? What do we get in return?

2. jacoby

jacoby Member

basketballaholic knows as much as you and I. He interprets the most likely scenario as absolute fact so when said outcome likely does happen he'll surely let us know about it. "SEE!? SEE!? ME WAS RIGHT!!! I KNEW IT!!"

Morey has stated in the past that his priority is to keep Chandler Parsons, so barring any blockbuster acquisition (Kevin Love) Parsons will probably come back. Does that mean basketballaholic knew it all along and proved us wrong? Absolutely not, but if it helps him feed his egregious internet ego, all the power to him. Just don't buy into what he's saying.

1 person likes this.
  3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

This was tweeted 4 hours ago. This guy might be bballholic's source:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rockets FO tells me that though they have a Lin trade lined up, Lin has NOT been traded yet.</p>&mdash; Barry Rufflewitz (@RealSportScoops) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealSportScoops/statuses/486543476901683200">July 8, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1 person likes this.
  4. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Love how YET is used. can't wait for this to happen and the day LOFs leave these forums and crash the servers on Philly/wherever's fan site forums with sign ups and new members.

5. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I would love Thad here. Solid guy

6. Victorious

Victorious Member

he probably knows nothing, except that we have trades lined up for Lin. Which everybody knows

7. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Not reading this screen play. You're not a Rockets fan and will go out of your way to write novels defending your hero. Save it for somebody who cares. Just being honest with you dude.

8. Classic

Classic Member

Does this guy also give weather reports on Youtube?

9. Classic

Classic Member

So in other words, Asik was a good signing and Lin was not.

Got it.

10. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

I dont get the connection between his post and labeling him a lin only fan, does it have to do with his post history?

11. torocan

torocan Member

More like Asik was a phenomenal signing, Lin was ok.

Over the life of the contracts, none of them were "terrible". There's a lot of terrible contracts in the NBA, Lin doesn't even come close to approaching those levels.

12. King1

I didn't read a word of the post so I can't speak to that but he is definitely a LOF and it's based upon his post history here. He's tried to mask it some but anyone who has paid attention knows what's up. He's a smart dude but he's here to defend his hero and for some reason he tries to avoid acknowledging it.

13. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Deron Williams is the only PG close to Lin's disastrous contract.

Any player that requires a 1st round pick to be traded with them is a pretty bad player, although I don't know how many qualify as "terrible contracts" in your estimation.

Considering that Lin will not be a starting PG next year under his giant cap hit, which would have still been bad if it were 8.3 instead of 15, the contract sucks. He would be getting paid $4-5 mill/yr if he were not Jeremy Lin.

14. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

That is definitely not true.

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Doubt Rufflewitz at your own peril.

16. King1

Yes it is

17. langal

langal Contributing Member

I think it's moreso a serviceable player with a horrible third year on the contract. If Morey never put in the poison pill, we are probably looking at a year with a 4th year option. Which isn't fabulous by any means but ok.

Lin fans need to understand the horrible taste he left in our mouths on a couple of horrible plays in the playoffs. He doesn't make those horrible plays and most of this crap goes away.

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

He is a Knicks/Lin fan.

He is NOT a Rocket fan.

19. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

It is true. He is also the sellout of LOFs in his apparent reasonableness and amiability with the Rockets. He types extensive paragraphs. He makes posts that are about players not named Jeremy Lin (although they often end up being about him). He respects Morey to a degree unheard of among LOFs, but tends to use attacks on Lin's contract as attacks on Morey, changing the subject and not quite turning the tables. "How dare you say Lin's contract sucks. Look what Morey did!" Morey's signing of Asik is the real breadwinner here. He got 2 years of near all-star level play and a 1st round pick for a player overlooked by most of the league.

20. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

[​IMG]