1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Sixers Likely To Trade Iggy This Off-Season

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Tha TC, May 8, 2011.

1. what

what Member

Lionel Hollins are coach brought up something interesting the other day. When asked how did he get his young team to play poised down the stretch, he said that being young was never an excuse to him, and that the media often will likes to say that if you are a young team you have to wait your time. Then he goes on to say that the next thing you know you are older and your time has past.

He then mentioned that his Portland Trailblazers were the youngest team to ever win the title.

So I don't believe that Hollins is really trying to wait his time, wait till next year to win it. I believe that he has the grizzlies believing that they can win it all this year.

Also, if you look at that Portland team it is eerily similar to the grizzlies.

Maurice Lucas - Zach
    Bill Walton - Marc
    Hollins - Conley

And a bunch of role players off the bench.

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

Is Philly still trying to get rid of Brand? I think that was the deal last year to get one you had to take the other. Would LA feel he was an upgrade over Gasol and take him also?

3. Htown's2kFinest

4. Htown's2kFinest

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

#25 Mr. Clutch, May 8, 2011
    Last edited: May 8, 2011
  6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Find a way to Iggy and Bogut on this team and we would be in business.

7. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I'd love him in Houston but only if we get a big man like Gasol, Nene, or maybe D.Jordan to go with him. Since we don't have a superstar, the only way to compete is to have above average rotation players across the board, or rebuild completely.

Lowry - Martin - Iggy - Patterson - Nene/Gasol/Jordan

8. Htown's2kFinest

9. CXbby

CXbby Member

Remember the point in trading him, besides financial, is to open up room for Thad Young. With that in mind they are much more likely to want a SG(their weakest position) than another SF.

The most realistic scenario for the Rockets, and the scenario that would piss off the fans here the most, would be Iggy for Kmart swap. Besides being a talent upgrade, it would balance our roster out inserting Lee into the starting lineup. Martin just had the best year of his career, and most importantly the healthiest. That isn't a case of a young player improving with more room to go like Lowry. It was due to the situation he found himself in- playing in an offense tailor made for him. I am not saying he can't be effective else where, he has proven he can. All I am saying is that he might not duplicate the BEST year of his career, with Adelman gone. Meanwhile, Iggy just had a down year statwise, but is still the more well rounded player and simply better player. A simple case of buy low(Iggy) sell high(Kmart). Of course I would trade scraps for AI if I could. But let's get realistic here.

This is all of course assuming we are still trying to get incrementally better instead of rebuilding.

10. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Three years too late. Sorry but that ship has sailed.

11. Htown's2kFinest

That would suck to get Iggy but lose Martin. The team would want Iggy's D and playmaking paired with Martin and his shooting. Not Iggy pair with Bud and his streakiness.

12. opticon

opticon Member

You could kinda sell me on that swap but the monkey wrench is AI has knee a knee problem that is only going to get worse as he gets older.

The last thing we need is a swing man with knee problems. I have seen how that has plays out for the rockets.

13. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

iggy is a rich man's ariza. a go-to crunch time player he is not. no thanks.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I'd rather play KMart and Iggy side by side. Iggy has the great defense, Kmart the great offense. They both help each other hide weaknesses.

I dont see the Budigner-Kmart combo working out.

15. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

This isn't true at all.

Philly's future SG is Evan Turner.

If you go to a Sixers board you'll find out that in return for Iggy they're looking for either a high pick, a young SF to pair Turner with (Thad Young is a tweener who's best served as a 4/3 coming off the bench) or a young center, who potentially could grow into a defensive anchor.

I wouldn't trade Martin for Iggy, for various reason, but it doesn't make much sense for the Sixers either, since Martin is even older than Iggy and plays the same position as their #2 pick from last year.

16. worzel gummidge

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/...a-no-show-at-meeting-with-team-officials.html

17. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

[​IMG]

18. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Aren't his knees messed up or something?

19. jim1961

jim1961 Member

The player.

But his contract?

20. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Yeah, great Fit.